fourteen.

we get to jack's house, and jack and i notice that his mom's car is gone, meaning that she isn't home. "i don't wanna bring my stuff inside until we know that she'll be okay with it." i tell jack, looking back at the boxes in summer's trunk. "she will be. i promise." jack takes my hand and helps me out of summer's car. summer and auggie get out of the car and start helping jack and i with the boxes. after we finish putting them in jack's room, summer grabs my hand and pulls me to the side.

"woah- summer, what's up?" i ask, stumbling a bit on my steps. "i just wanted to talk to you. we haven't had a good one-on-one conversation in a month. i miss you, y/n/n." summer says, as i smile warmly. "i miss you too, summer," i say, wrapping my arm around her shoulder. "so let's talk." i add, as we start to walk to summer's house. "we'll be right back!" i call out to the boys, and they nod.

we make it to summer's porch step, and we sit down on the pavement. "so the first thing i wanna talk about," she starts, turning to face me. "what happened with jack after auggie and i left?" she finishes. "we went and talked in the family restroom, since an employee came and kicked us out of the screen room.

he said that he had no idea that she was flirting with him until she winked at him. he asked me what it was that bothered me about the situation, so i told him that it was the fact that he kept her number and didn't introduce me as his girlfriend." i start, and summer's eyes widen. "damn." she says, turning around and glaring at jack from the distance, making me laugh.

"calm down, crazy." i joke, as she chuckles and turns back to me. "anyways, go on." she says. "alright. he explained how she winked at him after he put her number in his pocket, and as he'd said before, he didn't realize she was flirting until she winked at him. with the whole 'girlfriend' thing, he said that he'd thought that she'd already known, since he'd been kissing me a lot during the movie, and he thought that she'd seen." i say, and summer nods. "that explains the hickey." she points at my neck, and we both laugh.

"shut up. anyways, he said that he'd wanted to 'let the whole world know' that i was his girlfriend, so he screamed 'y/n l/n is my girlfriend!' as loud as possible." i add, and summer laughs. "yeah, we heard it from the car! not- those exact words, we just heard your name followed by a bunch of yelling, which is why auggie and i were laughing when you guys came back to the car." summer replies, as i laugh. "speaking of, what's the deal with you and auggie? you two have been hanging out a lot recently. i mean- in a more than friends way." i nudge her shoulder, as she chuckles and rolls her eyes.

"okay, we were talking about you and jack." she tried to change the subject, which only confirms my suspicions. "oh my god- you like auggie!" i say excitedly, as she puts her hand over my mouth. "shhh!" she says through a laugh. "don't tell anyone that. i don't even want auggie to know. promise?" she explains, holding her pinky out. "promise," i link my pinky with hers. "promise. but i really think you should tell him eventually. i can tell he likes you too." i assure her, and she nods. "fine." she smiles, as i pull her into a hug.

"i can't believe you're not gonna live next door anymore." i say quietly. "you're gonna make me cry, girl." summer replies, sniffling. "don't get me started." i say through a chuckle, sniffling after her. we pull away from the hug, and wipe our noses with our sleeves. "you'll only be down the street. you're still gonna be able to sleep over at my house all the time." summer says, and i nod. "you're right. okay, we should probably go help the boys with the boxes, we left them to do it all themselves." i chuckle, and summer nods. "you're right. let's go." she takes my hand and we rush over to the boys.

NEXT CHAPTER - SUMMER'S POV