fifteen.

SUMMER

FORTY MINUTES EARLIER.

"i still don't see it." jack says, with y/n's hand in his. "it's a compliment." a hazel-eyed girl from behind us spoke. she's smiling at jack, twirling a piece of her hair in her fingers. she's trying so hard to get jack's attention, it's almost embarrassing. "then thanks, i guess." jack replied nervously. y/n looks up at him and moves her hand a little bit towards his, but he doesn't notice. i look over at auggie, who's looking back at me. "what is happening?" he mouths to me, and i shrug.

"if you ever wanna hang out sometime," the girl says, scribbling into a slip of paper. "gimme a call." she hands him the paper, which he puts in his pocket. she then winks at him, and heads out of the screen room. when jack notices y/n's facial expression, i can just tel that he feels awful. "uh, actually-" he tries to call out for her, but she's too far gone to hear.

jack turns back to y/n, picking up her hand. she pulls her hand away from his, as her eyes fill with tears. "i'm sorry, i didn't know she was-" he starts, but stops when he sees how y/n's eyes are welled. "y/n..." he says with pain in his voice. "we're gonna let you guys talk." i say, grabbing auggie's hand as we walk out of the screen room, then out of the theatre.

we walk out to the car, wondering what's gonna happen with y/n and jack. they've been in love with each other since the sixth grade, and they couldn't break up now that they'd just started dating. "what d'ya think is going to happen to them?" auggie asks me. "i wish i knew. but they're jack and y/n. they can get through anything." i reply, looking back at him.

"okay. you're right." auggie says. the car fills with silence, as auggie and eye make eye contact, then look away, then look back at each other. "so uh-" we say at the same time, and we both chuckle nervously. "would you maybe wanna hang out later tonight?" i ask ask him, and a smile spreads across his face. he nods, and my smile grows. "cool beans." i say, smiling at him softly. "so, we could-" "Y/N L/N IS M- G—" we hear distant yelling. it's recognizable as jack's voice, so auggie and i break down into laughter.

AUGGIE

CURRENT TIME.

after helping jack, summer, and y/n with the boxes, summer and i headed to her car. we drove to the nearest restaurant, which only happened to be an olive garden. we got a table near the exit, since i'm still not super comfortable with being out in public, but summer always makes me feel better about it. people are looking at us- more realistically, they're looking at me.

"hey," summer says quietly to me, putting her hand on my hand. "don't pay attention to their staring. i'm here." she says, comforting me. "thanks summer." i reply, as she wraps her arm around my shoulder and pulls me into her shoulder. after we eat, summer and i decide to head back to my house, since my mom doesn't like me out too late. my dad is already asleep when we get home, and my mom is waiting at the table for me to get home.

"it is almost midnight! where have you been?" she asks me, infuriated. "we went and saw a movie with y/n and jack, and then we went and helped y/n move her things into jack's-" "hold on, why is y/n moving her thing's into jack's house?" my mom cut me off. "summer and i can explain later. anyways, then summer and i went out to dinner at olive garden, and we got stuck in traffic on the way home." i explain, and she sighs.

"okay, okay. summer, are you planning on staying the night?" she asks, and summer looks over at me. "uhm, if it's okay with you guys. i wouldn't want to intrude-" "oh no, honey. feel free to stay. i could find some of the clothes that via left before she went to college for you to wear." my mom says, as summer smiles and nods. "thank you mrs. pullman." "isabel. you can call me isabel." she replied with a smile, making me smile.

"c'mon summer, let's go up to my room." i tell her, taking her hand and leading her upstairs. "you still have the astronaut helmet." she says quietly with a smile, looking at the helmet on my desk. "yeah. i don't really wear it anymore, but it's nice to know that i have it." i reply, and she smiles. "so, is there a guest room i can stay in?" she asks nervously. "well, my bed is big enough for the both of us. you could stay here with me." i say, as she smiles nervously at me.

summer and i watch a movie to help us go to sleep, and she falls asleep with her head on my chest. "summer?" i whisper, and she doesn't answer. knowing that she's asleep, i turn off the tv and try not to wake her. we've slept in the same bed before. we've 'cuddled' like this before. but every time we did, we were with jack and y/n. we've never been alone like this before. maybe that's why i'm nervous right now. i hope she likes me. otherwise i'll feel stupid for falling for her.

NEXT CHAPTER - JACK'S POV