twenty-two.

silence fills the air, as jack avoids answering my question. "jack?" i lift his chin with my finger. "sorry, it's just that- i really think you should go, but i don't want to be that far away from you." he replies, laying his head in my shoulder. "i won't go if you don't want me to." i whisper, as he shakes his head into my shoulder. "no, you should go. it's the best thing for you." he sighs, as a frown forms on my face.

"i'm sorry i didn't tell you sooner, jack." i whisper, brushing my hand through his curly hair. "it's okay, i get why you didn't want to tell me. i probably would've done the same thing." he replies.

"so i'm going?" i ask, and he nods slowly into my neck. "okay, so it's decided. i'll email them back and tell them i'm going." i say, and he lifts his head from my shoulder. "i can't believe you're gonna be on the other side of the country." he sighs. i nod and reach for my phone. i quickly email La Petite Academy and let them know that i'm taking them up on their offer.

"i'm gonna miss you." jack whispers, kissing my cheek. "i don't wanna talk about me leaving yet." i say, standing up and getting his remote. "wanna watch a movie?" i smile slightly, and he nods.

"i'm going to work. jamie's sick so i got him a babysitter, who'll be here in about 30 minutes. i didn't wanna make you two do it, just in case you had plans already." jack's mom comes in and tells us. "but it's saturday, why're you working?" jack asks her. "well, my friend from work called in sick, so i'm filling in for her for a few hours." she explains.

after she leaves, i turn on 'a kissing booth 3' as jack and i lie in his bed. he pulls off his shirt (previously explained, this isn't supposed to be sexual). i pull off my shirt (a bra on underneath), and jack lays his head on my shoulder. about fifteen minutes into the movie, the doorbell rings.

"i'll get it." jack says, getting up from the bed and going to answer the door. i stand up and put on his shirt, getting ready to walk out of his room. "hey handsome." a familiar voice says from the front door. "ximena? what're you doing here?" jack asks nervously. i walk out with one of jack's shirts in my hand, since ximena won't stop staring at him.

"i'm jamie's babysitter. your mom hired me, but i didn't know you'd be here y/n." she glares at me, as i roll my eyes. jack puts his shirt on quickly, as ximena walks into the house.

"uhm- jamie's asleep right now, but when he wakes up you could take him for ice cream. i know he wanted to go." jack tells her. "got it. maybe you could come too, jack." she goes for his hand, completely disregarding the fact that i'm there.

"uh... no thanks. y/n and i are watching a movie." he says, pulling his hand away. "oh well." she groans, as jack and i walk back to his room. "alright, where were we?" jack jokes, unpausing the movie and pulling off his shirt. i decide to take of the shirt i'm wearing, too.

jack lays his head on my shoulder and lays soft kisses on my neck. "jack?" i chuckle, as he puts his hand on the other side of my neck and rubs his thumb over it gently. "yes?" he smiles into my neck. "let's maybe not kiss while ximena's here." i say with a laugh, as he rolls his eyes jokingly. "fine. i can't believe she's here." he says annoyed.

"yeah, but she's only here for a few hours, plus she's gonna take jamie out for ice cream." i say, as he nods. "as long as she leaves me alone." he says, making me chuckle. "y/n, y/n!" jamie come running into jack's room and jumps on us. jack groans, since jamie jumped on his stomach, and jamie and i laugh a bit.

"oh, you think that's funny?" jack says jokingly, as he starts tickling jamie. jamie starts cracking up, and starts tickling me too. "jamie!" i laugh, as ximena walks in. "ahem." she says, as we all stop laughing and turn towards her. "sorry to interrupt, but jamie and i are going to get ice cream." she says, crossing her arms.

"aw man. y/n, can we play when i get back?" he asks me and i nod. "cool!" he smiles, giving me a tight hug before he leaves with ximena. "finally." jack groans, making me laugh. he presses his lips against mine and hovers above me, getting cut off again by ximena pushing the door open.

"jesus christ!" jack exclaims, as i sit up and he sits next to me. "what do you want, ximena?" i groan, as she chuckles. "sorry to interrupt, but jamie wants to take one of his cars with him and i don't know where they are." she says, and i get up from jack's bed. "i'll handle it." i sigh and walk to jamie's room. i pick up a small blue hot-wheels car and take it out to jamie, who's buckled into his car seat already.

"thanks y/n." he smiles. "no problem, buddy." i say, kissing his forehead before heading back inside. i pass ximena on the way to jack's room, and she rolls her eyes when i pass her.

i round the corner and see jack, clearly annoyed on his bed. "it's only for a few hours." i assure him, as i sit down beside him. he lays me down on my back and buried his head in my neck, kissing it gently. i press play on the movie for the third time, as jack and i get comfortable and start watching.

about thirty minutes later, knocks on the front door let us know that ximena is back with jamie. i get up, not bothering to put on a shirt, since they've both already seen me in my bra. i open the door to reveal jamie, ximena, and-

"julian?"