Party Skills

*Play song when told*

I turned around to head back to the couch. Liam was also staring at me with a look I couldn't decipher as 'Grey-Grey' pulled out another cigarette to light. About to get up from the bench Mateo yells "WAIT! One more song pleaseeeee" as he brought his hands up in a prayer motion and puppy dog eyes. Oh god I can't say no to those eyes.

"Okay. okay. What do you want me to play?" I asked as I sat back down on the bench.

"Something fun" Mateo said. I narrowed my eyes at him because that was no help at all. I quickly remembered a remix of 'Bella Ciao' from 'La Casa De Papel'

*Play song now*

I closed me eyes once again as I let my muscles dance across the piano keys. The song started slow which just built up for the remix.

As my fingers navigates the way to the fun part, a smile stretched across my face. I start to sing along in Italian; one of the other languages I know.

"'Sta mattina mi sono alzato

E ho trovato l'invasor

O partigiano, portami via

O bella ciao, bella ciao, bella ciao, ciao, ciao

O partigiano, portami via

Che mi sento di morir"

I let the rest of the song continue with my eyes closed. 

I could hear Mateo and Zeke clapping together in unison and before I know it the song is done. As I open my eyes I see Mateo rushing over to me and before I know it I'm on the ground and he's on top of my in a big bear hug.

"Mattie get off of me" I giggled and laughed on the ground. He slightly got off but I was still caged in by his arms.

"How do I look in this position?" He asks while wiggling his eyebrows and having a mischievous grin plastered on his face. 

I laughed again and said "Terrible" while I was trying to catch my breath. "Now get off me" I laughed again at Mateo.

When he still didn't move someone grabbed Mateo by the back of his shirt and lifted him off. The voice known as 'Grey-Grey' revealed the man I still don't know the name of. He scoffed then gave me a hand to lift me up.

"Thankss----" I waited to him to fill in the gap with his name.

"Hunter." He replied

"Thanks Hunter" I sent him a full smile. I thought I saw him blush a little but I couldn't tell because he resumed his recent position by the window.

As we made our way back to the couch, Liam was now sitting up with his book still consuming him. Mateo and Zeke sat in the same position as before as I made my way to sit on the couch across from them and beside Liam. I could see Mateo and Zeke frown a bit but I smiled at them and they returned the gesture.

I could only presume that Liam hasn't seen that I'm beside him because he still hasn't glanced up from his book. Mateo started the conversation "So Mattie huh?" he asked and I was confused, then I remembered what I called him when be tackled me onto the ground with a bear hug.

"Oh yeah, sorry" I muttered turning my face down with some embarrassment that would be visible on my cheeks. 

Mateo flashed my a beautiful smile before saying "No, I like it" I nodded my head and turned it to the person sitting beside me who has still yet to embrace my existence.

I decided to try a conversation "What are you reading?" I ask as a fellow bookworm myself.

"'Moby Dick' by Herman Melville" Liam said still not taking his eyes off the book.

"Ahh a classic" I said while he still didn't pay attention to me. "Ahab is the perfect example of their rage"

He finally glanced up and slowly closed the book "I completely agree"

Now that I have some of his attention I elaborated to keep his interest "I mean In our lives, bad things happen to good people and some of these people rage against God, Ahab is the perfect representative."

Liam turned his whole body towards me, I could see his face and beautiful golden eyes that were fully focused on me. I smiled at hime while he raked a hand through his straight dirty blonde hair that was parted in the middle. "I've read it before. I cant believe people don't like this." he pauses for a minute to search for his next words "While, yes I could see the book is very controversial it's just a book."

"Its not just a book though, while it is fake, it brings out real subjects and real emotions, just like every book should. That's what makes a good book." I said as I mimicked his position towards me.

He crossed his arms and leaned back as he thought about my last few words. "Would you believe me if I said my favourite book is 'Pride and Prejudice'" He asks with one eyebrow raised.

I leaned my elbows on my knees and I pressed my hand on the side of my face and contemplated his words. "Yes, because that book is outstanding and now I know you're a romantic." I reply with a cheeky grin. 

I could see the blush growing on his fair skin as he coughed and picked up his book again but now before looking in my direction again. I giggled at his adorable and shy actions.

As I rested my back on the brown leather I pulled my feet up and turned my head to a smiling Mateo and a confused Zeke that had his eyebrows furrowed together.