Saved by Rom-Coms

By the time we got inside we were all panting and trying to catch our breath. When I was breathing normally again I looked around to see this wasn't just any mall. This was the most expensive mall in New York!

My jaw dropped open at the luxurious stores and clothes on display. Gucci, Prada, Burberry, Cartier and Dior all side by side of each other.

Holy shit these people are rich rich. Good thing I wasn't planning to buy anything beforehand as if I could even afford a sock from this mall.

Well I hope they at least have a food court.

I glance at my friends to find Ezekiel and Mateo with smiles, Hunter looking like he wanted to be anywhere but here, and Liam staring at the book store.

I focus of Liam to see he's nervous. He keeps looking from his friends to the book store like a conflicted puppy. I know all they do to Liam is tease him about his passion to read which I don't understand reading isn't embarrassing.

Liam takes one last look of the gigantic book store and then returns to face us with a slightly disappointed expression and his head tilted down. Liam's continuously bites his lip and plays with his fingers.

While Hunter is now just scrolling through his phone and Zeke and Mateo argue to where to go to first, I quietly make my way to Liam.

Placing a hand on his shoulder not to startle him, he turns to face me. I give him a understanding nod and he just returns with a confused look.

While nobody is still looking, I grab Liam's hand and run to the book store. When we reach the entrance Liam let's out a long breath of release. He squeezes our intertwined hands and let's me know the most appreciative. "Thank you"

We part our ways in the book store so we can each look for our own books. The store is surprisingly cheap so I pick up 2 books and pay for them.

When I get to the cashier I observe and see he looks cute. When its my turn I place "The Hating Game" by Sally Thorne and "The Spanish Love Deception" by Elena Armas on the counter and give him a smile.

He sends me a knowing smirk back. "I take it your a fan of rom-coms?" My face blushes pink to which he chuckles.

"Yeah" I tell him apprehensively.

"Hey, no judgement. I myself just skip the comedy. Have you read "Punk 57" by Penelope Douglas?" He strikes conversation.

"I loved the book. I originally read it cause I was bored but it's now one of my favourites." I smile at him and continue "I'm Juliette."

He laughs while replying "I'm Romeo. I think this would have been fate if I wasn't already committed to my boyfriend." I laugh along with him.

"Well Romeo," I draw out his name. "Maybe this is fate. Best friends soulmates and whatnot." I continue talking while I pay for my books.

Before he can reply, an arm wraps around my shoulder. Startled, I look up to see Liam glaring at the cashier "Sorry man, that positions already filled." Liam then turns to me and smirks.

"Well anyway, my numbers on the receipt if you ever want to hangout." Romeo winks at me then hands my the bags with my stuff.

Before I can reach for it, Liam's arm quickly gets a hold of it. I look at Liam to see him glaring and Romeo to which he only mischievously smiles.

Liam then intertwines his free hand with my own and makes his way to the back of the store where the sitting area is. It's only Liam and I in the back when he takes a seat in front of me. before I can move beside him, Liam swiftly pulls my down on the armchair on top of him.

My legs are dangling down the side and my head is as well. My arms wrap around his neck and its like he's carrying my bridal style- only sitting down.

I decide to start to conversation. "What books did you get?" I ask Liam.

""Josh And Hazel's Guide To Not Dating" by Christina Lauren." Liam replies and I start to smile.

"I LOVE THAT BOOK! I read it like 5 times!" I smile enthusiastically. "I never pegged you as a rom-com fan, maybe old romance." I confess.

"Well you would be correct. I wanted to change my style and I saw that it was your whole book collection." He says and smirks at my red cheeks.

I duck my head in his chest and curl my legs. Liam brings an arm to rake through my hair as I let out a sigh. "I'm not going to be embarrassed that I want a little romance in my life... and neither should you. I know you're ashamed to say anything in front of the guys but don't be embarrassed. I'm here for you okay. You can tell me anything." I tell Liam as I trace different patterns and shapes on his chest.

I hear Liams breath accelerate and he lets out a "Thank you. You will never know how much I appreciate you." I smile at him and he smiles back.

I find the book in Liam's bag and hand it to him. "Why don't you read out loud. I wouldn't mind to hear it for the sixth time."

I close my eyes as soon as I hear Liam's soothing voice flow through the pages of the book.

About 30 minutes later I hear more familiar voices "Well you two look cozy." Mateo mutters.

Liam only smiles at me and places the book down. "Were you guys here the whole time?" Hunter asks.

I just nod and starting fidgeting with my necklace. I didn't know we took that long. "We searched the whole mall for you two." Zeke says exhausted.

I can't help but feel bad. I rise from Liam and say a couple of apologies while looking at my feet and playing with the necklace my mother gave me.

"Hey, we're not mad just worried." Hunter tells me truthfully then gives me a smile.

The last thing I heard was Mateo say "hugs" before I was tackled on the ground.

"Mattie" I shout but he still doesn't move, all I do is accept the fate that for the next 5 minutes I'm trapped to the ground.