Dancing Queen

*Play song when told*

We decide on making pasta. After telling them the story of how one time I burned cereal Mateo banned me from his kitchen. A smart move on his part.

I sit at the counter watching them move like a dance. I grabbed a pear to munch on while Mateo commands everyone around the kitchen. 

Mattie looks like he belongs in the kitchen. I see his passion just by observing him. He looks at peace when in his element. I become so engrossed in my thoughts I don't even realize someone is behind me.

"Boo!" Someone whispers in my ear.

"Ahhhh!" I throw my half eaten pear as I turn around to face the culprit. I jump over the counter and hide behind it.

I look up to see three laughing boys in front of me. I feel my cheeks heat up and calmly stand up. I make my way back to where I was sitting only to find Zeke there eating the rest of my fruit.

He's also laughing at me. Okay maybe I overreacted a little but to be fair I'm terrible at jump-scares. "You're in my seat." I state trying to hide my anger from before.

Clearly I didn't do a good job. "Don't be angry beautiful, and you still have your seat." Zeke says but doesn't move. My face morphs in confusion and he pats his legs to gesture for me to sit on his lap with a daring smile.

I can tell he doesn't believe I'll sit there, just leave and lose. But my competitive nature gets the best of me so instead I lift my chin so I seem taller than I am, I keep eye-contact with Zeke as I take a step forward, then another.

Each step brings me more butterflies in my stomach to being in such a close proximity to a god like Ezekiel himself.

I stop directly in front of him without breaking eye contact. He still has the same sly smile on his face thinking I won't sit on his lap.

I break eye contact and turn towards the counter where I'm met with three different pairs of eyes. I can only imagine the smile forming on Zeke's face thinking I just gave in. Truth is, I only turned so I can have a better lift on top of him.

I place both hands on the island and lift myself so I'm now seated between Ezekiel's legs. I can tell no one expected this because the three boys facing us have open jaws and balled fists.

I look over my shoulder at Zeke who also has his mouth open not expecting me to accept his challenge and say "Close your mouth or you might catch flies." and smile at him in triumph.

I turn my attention back too the kitchen to find everyone still staring at me. "The food's burning." I direct the words at Mateo who we consider the 'head chef'.

As those words leave my mouth, they all seem to jump out of their trances. As they resume what they were doing before, quieter and clenched jaws this time. What happened?

I move my hips to get more comfortable on Zeke and he leans forward towards my ear and whispers "I was only joking but I don't mind this position." Ezekiel confesses with a hint of amusement.

I feel my cheeks grow pinker and my underwear wetter. I try to relieve some of the tension by squeezing my thighs together. I turn my head around to face Zeke and whisper back "It is comfortable." I tell him truthfully and turn back around which causes me to change position.

I hear him groan and I realize that I have been eating a lot lately. Am I too fat? Am I squishing him? "Am I hurting you?" I finally ask him while attempting to get off in order to left some weight off of him.

He pulls me back with his hands on my hips and whispers "No beautiful." While burring his head in the crook of my neck.

I lean my head back against his shoulder and he brings his hands to wrap me around my waist and chest. I could die here and that would be fine, I feel at full peace in his arms. 

I close my eyes and inhale his scent. He smells so fresh even after a full day of school- including gym. How does he do that?

As soon as I open my eyes to continue watching the rest cook, I am immediately met with a dark blue pair's who seem angry. Liam's whole demeanour seems angry and his eyes are only locked with mine.

My face twists in confusion and I slightly stiffen in Ezekiel's arms. If he notices he doesn't say anything which I'm thankful for. How embarrassing would that be?

Liam's face softens when he notices my discomfort and he apologetically smiles knowing he unintentionally caused it. I accept his apology with a smile of my own. 

I snuggle back in Zeke's arms which causes his hold on me to tighten. I look to Liam's left to reveal Hunter with a pained expression. I don't know what just happened for everyone's expression to change except for Zeke's.

I send a sheepish smile to Hunter hoping to lighten his mood. I see him visibly relax and shoulders un-tense.

I look over to Mateo who just seems sad, he was fine 30 seconds ago, what happened? Did me yelling trigger them or something? I honestly don't know.

When the food is done we all sit at the massive dinner table that's way too formal for my taste. To my left seats Liam, in front of me him seats Zeke. Hunter sits in front of me and Mateo at the head on the right side of me.

*Play song now*

There is still some awkward tension when eating. Mateo fixes that by playing some music. A familiar song came on and it immediately lifted all our spirits. 

I started to sing along as I closed my eyes and smiled. This song always brings me in a party mood.

I start to stand up and pull Liam with me since he's closest. I don't care where we are or how we look I just start dancing like I'm at a club.

I motion for everyone else to join us and they comply. Mateo hits a switch that causes different streaks of colours to roam throughout the house.

Everyone sings and dances without a care in the world. I start feeling comfortable and bring myself to dance like I usually do.

I bring my hands to the sky and drag them slowly across my body until they hit my thighs. I tighten my grip as I bend my knees going lower. When I can practically reach the ground with my butt, I start bouncing shortly. Making sure to lift my ass with every hit. 

After a couple more seconds of that, I keep my head to the floor as I stretch my legs out causing my ass to lift to the air. I part them bigger and spread my hands out in front of me. I twist my hips with every beat and shake my ass without caring if I look stupid or not.

I hear someone yell "holy shit" and another "oh fuck" followed by a round of roars. 

When the song finishes I stand up and everyone claps while Mateo makes the gesture of throwing money. I laugh and take a bow with my flushed face. "I can't believe you think you have two left feet. Beautiful, you dance like you own the goddamn stage." Zeke exclaims while something shines in his eyes.

"Alright let's wants to go for a midnight swim." Liam says and we all agree.