Chapter 9: We're Going on a Manhunt

Eight Weeks Until Tribe Wars

It's been four weeks since I came to Camp Phoenix. It's already one-third of the way through the summer. Time sure does fly by when you're having fun. The Wolf tribe is still in last place with 193 points. Somehow the Honey Badgers remain in first place with 222 points. Like why does Ethan and his stupid tribe have to be in first. Anyways, I'm starting to get into the groove of this camp thing. The morning bugle call doesn't bother me anymore. I join Hazel, mostly every morning, in her morning dance performance. Teddy's late to breakfast, as usual. This week we decided to sign up for night games. It seems pretty fun considering we're playing manhunt tonight. It's played a bit differently though since there's three tribes. Seems like one tribe will be the hunters while the other two tribes will hide. I mean, it's the same but it sure will be a bit more chaotic than when I use to play with the neighborhood kids. Everyday, no matter when it is, Hazel has been preparing me for the partner trivia.

Flashbacks
"What's my favorite color?" Hazel asks in the shower stall next to me.

"Hazel!" I yell, not wanting to do trivia while we're showering.

"When's my birthday?" Hazel asks from outside the cabin as I was getting dressed

"Hazel!" I yell, again, not wanting to do trivia while I'm getting dressed.

"What's my favorite book?" Hazel whispers in my ear while shaking me awake.

"Hazel!" I yell covering my head with my pillow.
End flashbacks

She kept asking me trivia questions at the most inconvenient of times. Like, who asks trivia questions in the shower?! The trivia game is still eight weeks away, well maybe more like seven, but still, that's WAY more than enough time to practice and remember answers. I wish it was basic trivia instead. More specifically, history trivia. I'd kill it at history trivia. I got so side tracked thinking about history trivia that I did t even notice Hazel and Teddy trying to catch my attention.

"Hello, earth to Addy," Teddy says waving his hand in front of my face. I snap out of my historical thoughts.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Teddy asks.

"Oh, you know, Abraham Lincoln and stuff like that," I say, moving my food around on my plate with my fork. Hazel and Teddy laugh.

"Abraham Lincoln. Really, Addy," Hazel says with a chuckle.

"Hey! He was a great president!" I say pointing my fork at Hazel. Hazel raises her eyebrows then laughs as she gets another scoop of food from her plate.

"You guys ready for manhunt tonight?" Teddy asks.

"Totally," I say.

"I hope we hide first. Hiding's more fun then seeking," Hazel says.

"Not are fun in my opinion," Teddy says, taking a huge bite of his cookie.

"That cookie good?" I say with a chuckle. The bite he took was way too big for him to fit in his mouth.

"Mmmhmm," Teddy mumbles, his mouth filled with cookie. I laugh as Hazel rolls her eyes, giving a slight chuckle as well. Suddenly, Chris comes over the loud speaker catching everyone's attention.