Chapter 15: Let the Tribe Wars Begin!

Tribe Wars Have Begun!

Today is the day. It's the first day of the long awaited tribe wars week! I'm honestly really excited, as is everyone else. Even Michelle and Chris are excited for this week. I think it's very special to them considering they grew up going to Camp Phoenix so them passing all the traditions on down to us is touching to them. Since I've made amends with, mostly, Hazel and Teddy, everything has been going amazing. Our friendship hasn't been better. Everything is back to how it was before Hazel and I'd big argument. That specific Bible verse has been on repeat in my head along with me remembering the importance and significance of the Phoenix necklace Michelle gave me.

The loudspeaker turns on and that only means one thing. Hazel and I jump out of our beds, grabbing the first thing we see to use as our microphones. I grab a half drunken water bottle from the floor while Hazel grabs her usual hairbrush.

"Good morning campers!" Chris says louder then ever before. Hazel and I say it out loud along with him.

"It is another beautiful morning here at Camp Phoenix! It's also a very special day here at camp as well! Today makes the first day of tribe wars! Will the Honey Badger reign victorious once again this summer or will the Fox or Wolf tribe come up from behind and take the claim of best tribe this summer! As a reminder, the Honey Badgers are currently in first place with 904 point. The Fox tribe is in second with 897 points. The Wolf tribe is in last with 892 points. It's anyone's game considering all activities are open for everyone to obtain as many points as possible! Don't forget about the talent show at the end of the week so make sure to practice, practice, practice! Go out there, have fun, and catch that silver lining!" Chris says excitedly over the loudspeaker.

"Are you hyped?" Hazel asks me in a super energetic and excited mood, pointing at me.

"I am! Are you?" I ask back, pointing at her.

"I am!" Hazel says.

"Warrior scream on three! One, two, three!" I say.

"AHHH!!!" we both shout out loud. When we finish, we both end up laughing.

"We're so weird," I say in between my laughs.

"I wouldn't want to be weird with anyone else though," Hazel says, patting me on the back. We get dressed, wearing our Wolf tribe shirts of course, then make our way to the dining hall where we meet up with Teddy. When we walk into the dining hall, the whole hall is filled with colors. Blue, yellow and red shirts were everywhere. We meet up with Teddy then get in line for breakfast.

"I can't wait to win our tribe so many points," Teddy says, grabbing a tray.

"Me too. I'm so ready for everything that's going to happen. Partner trivia and a flag football game all just this morning. I'm going to be so tired before lunch even begins," I say, also grabbing a tray. Hazel grabs a tray as well. We grab our breakfast, saying good morning to Big Ed, then continue our chat at our table while we eat.

"So, I have to get you prepared for the talent show," Teddy says, grabbing a French toast stick and drenching it in maple syrup.

"That's right. You're going to preform for our tribe," Hazel says.

"Yup. I already know what song I want to preform for the show. I think it fits in with the whole Camp Phoenix vibe," I respond.