The Storm

"Make you move Reindeer Games"

Loki held up his hands in sign of surrender and smirked wickedly. But Tony... Tony felt like someone had ripped his reactor right out of his chest, making it hard to breath without it hurting.

-A few hours before-

"So the asshole that framed you, then tried to erase a whole species, then fighted Thor, then fell to his death is very much alive and here, on Earth, killing innocents and carrying the stolen magic cube. Did I get that right?"

"You forgot the fact that he is turning smart and dangerous people into his minions."

"This just keeps getting better."

Tony sighed and hugged Loki from behind, resting his chin on his shoulder, as both stared at the holograms in front of them. The file Coulson had left was on display and a feeling of unease took place in his gut.

"I don't like this."

"I do not like this either, Anthony. But he is an asgardian, so I am suited for the job. You know that."

He huffed, "I still don't like this", Loki laughed softly, turning in his arms to stare at his eyes.

"I know. It seems like we cannot have a calm year. But it will be okay, love. I sent a fire message to my mother. I am sure Thor will arrive to our aid sometime today."

"That's cool. We need his tall, muscled, strong self if we want to have a chance to go against this guy", he felt a glare. "I mean, maybe a little thunder will be helpful, you know? For tall, muscled and strong we already have you, sweetheart."

"Nice save."

An alarm went off and JARVIS informed them that Tyr had been spotted.

"Stuttgart. ' the hell is he doing in Germany?"

"Do not know. Do not care. I am going."

"No you're not."

"Yes I am. Right now. I want to end this as soon as possible, Anthony. We deserve time without evil morons trying to kill us. Okay?" He said pecking his lips with a smile. "I will come back, I always do."

And with that, he left in the blink of an eye.

Desperate to go after his lover and help him, Tony ran to his suit and took off.

Loki appeared outside the Stuttgart Museum where, apparently, a gala was taking place. He could hear an orchestra and, a minute later, the screams of people running in panic. Inside, the ex asgardian guard was laughing maniacally besides a table where a body was laying.

"Tyr, stop this madness. Turn yourself in before this becomes a war zone. You will be judged by the Aesir and Odin Allfather will give you his verdict."

His eyes glinted maliciously, "Loki Odinson, or should I say Laufeyson? It does not matter. Thanos searched for you. Wanted one of the most powerful sorcerers within his army. And now, he has found you."

Hearing the name of the Mad Titan stopped Loki's brain for a few seconds. The fear that name carried froze him in place, giving Tyr the perfect opportunity. That second of hesitation led to the staff touching his chest.

A weird fog covered his thoughts and, from then on, it was like he was sitting on the back seat of his own mind. He could watch what was happening, but he wasn't in command of his body.

It was hell.

He had promised Anthony he was coming back. And he feared that maybe, just maybe, this time he wouldn't be able to fulfill his promise.

"J, give me something. What's going on there? We'll arrive in a few minutes."

"I have found security cameras pointing at the scene but... sir, I do not think you should see the footage."

"What? Why? What happened? Is Loki okay?"

"I am afraid not, sir. He appears to be fighting Captain America, and before that he had taken people hostage and asked them to kneel before him. He is also wearing his armor."

The air left his lungs and he wanted to cry his eyes out, 'cause there was no way his boyfriend did that on his own free will, so that meant he had been compromised.

Shit.

He took a few deep breaths and tried to calm himself. He couldn't afford losing it right now. He had to slip into his usual mask of indifference and arrogance, his public persona, Iron Man. He needed to capture Loki and the others -if it was possible.

Then he could freak out and break down.

His lips curled up slightly when he saw the god fighting Rogers in the distance. Under other circumstances, he might've enjoyed it and maybe even recorded it. But not this time. That was not his Loki.

He hacked into the quinjet that was hovering above the fight and Shoot To Thrill started blasting through the speakers. "Agent Romanoff. Did you miss me?" He said before landing with style and, painfully, blasting his boyfriend with the repulsors knocking him off his feet. He stood in front of him and kept aiming at him with both hands, prepared to shoot again if necessary.

-Present-

"Make you move Reindeer Games."

Loki held up his hands in sign of surrender and smirked wickedly. But Tony... Tony felt like someone had ripped his reactor right out of his chest, making it hard to breath without it hurting.

"Good move," he said.

That's all he managed without his voice breaking as he stared at the light blue eyes watching him. Eyes that were normally forest green. Eyes that now held no emotion for him. No love. No recognition.

"Mr. Stark", said the star spangled man.

"Captain."

Well, this is going to be a clusterfuck, he thought with hidden fear. He remembered Loki's words a few hours ago, how he had promised to come back, like they always did.

He was not so sure if that promise was going to be kept this time around.