epilogue

"penny for your thoughts?" i'm sitting on the chair in my balcony whilst admiring the the view from above.

turning my head a little to the side, i saw my mom sat down on the empty seat next to me.

i let out a sigh before opening my mouth to talk, "mom, will you choose your happiness over the safeness of others?"

"what exactly is it?"

"mom, i like jake, i really do"

it was quiet for a while and when i turned to her she was just smiling sweetly at me.

"when you two met that night, i already know that you will like him. jake is a definition of a boyfriend material but what's stopping you?" my head fell back on the top rail of the chair.

"hyerin is in the school, she likes jake. told me that if jake confessed to me i should reject it, she knows about sunghoon's father having an affair with another woman which was her mother. another girl said that she will tell a famous anchor about father gambling and having an affair with women before and said that she will tell that it was me who said that story"

"hahahahaha"

i shut my head towards my mom who's boisterously laughing beside me, like what in the earth is so funny?

i was about to say something but a manly voice from behind beat me to it, "it's really funny"

turning around, i saw my father on his sleeping attire. "what?"

"you like jake? did he confessed?" he asked

"no, but he just won't believe it when i told him i don't like him and he keeps on saying that what i said was not the truth" i explained

"because it was really not"

my father shut me up with that phrase, he's not lying though he just said the truth, what i told jake about me not liking him was a really a lie.

"go for it honey, you and jake would make a good couple." mom ruffled my hair still smiling widely

"but—"

"it's now or never, y/n. go get your man"

my father is not that bad, you know. he may asked me to act that way towards other people but after my birthday he loosened up. he was smiling at me when he pulled my mom out of my room and when they were out the same time sunghoon went inside with sunoo tailing behind.

"what...are you doing here?" i cocked a brow and asked

"we heard that someone's going to get her man so we're here to help" sunoo went to my vanity table and placed the bag that he was carrying.

"but it's already 7:30 in the evening"

"can you just hurry up, it's still early. do you want to get jake or not? because if not i am more than willing to have him"