Fired

Getting fired is nature's way of telling you that you had the wrong job in the first place.

~Hal Lancaster.

~EVA'S POV~

"So when I was just going to call Rose , you took us both inside a bare room." Ryder said when we are sitting on a couch in my hall. "And then?" I asked him in the hope that I just slept there and nothing else happened. " Then.....you sure you want to listen?" he asked and I replied in shock, "Means something had happened , right?"

"Yes and no."

"Means?"

"Means , something had happened for sure but you just blacked out at the moment."

"Did I tried to do something or.... you?"

"No, no I didn't even touched you in the room. Sorry to say but you did everything."

"Okay.....so, what I did?"

"Fine, I'll tell you. So, when we entered the room , you came closer to me and hugged me and then..."

"Then what...?" fuck , what else I had done.

"You tried to kiss me and..."

"Oh, shit"

"Hey , chill because you tried but you don't because you blacked out."

"Oh, thank god."

"Hey, did I mention that you told me I was your......"

"High school crush, shit."

"Hey, I'm cool because , I never told you before but you were mine." he blushed.

After having dinner together, he left at 9 saying, tomorrow is week day. So after washing the dishes, I also went to sleep.

I woke up with my alarm on its full rage also indicating that I'm ten minutes late.

After taking a quick shower, I made my mind to have breakfast on the way. I checked my phone once and found a text from mom saying they are coming next weekend so I replied with a okay and have a safe journey. I lived apart from my parents due to my job.

I hope that those two boys learned something from their previous punishment and my day will go in peace.

I got shocked with a step inside my library. All the furniture was scattered here and there and some of them are broken too. I saw a note on my table and after realizing that no one else was inside, I hurriedly opened the slip to read,

To the librarian,

The Readers,Miss,

 you did the biggest mistake of your life when you punished us , and cherry on the cake was, you thought that we were high school students only and are not capable of anything. And FYI , we are not in high school and we are capable of everything being the next mafia brothers of the city. Now, whatever had happened to The Readers library, was totally your fault and now you can go and live with your parents because you will be fired.

From Jack and Jase.

A tear escaped from my eyes and in next few minutes , I found myself on the ground, sobbing really heard.

~SHAWN'S POV~

I heard some sobbing sounds coming from library , so I quickly got inside and saw a sobbing Eva , sitting on the ground with her back touching the table.

I quickly went to her and wrap her in my arms, " What happened E, why are you crying?" She gave me a slip without any word.

After reading the note, I told her that everything will be fine and we should go and talk to the owner . She nodded in response, "Please come with me ." she said and I replied ," Afcourse I'm coming with you, baby doll."

After washing her face , we reached to Mr. Hogan's office . I knocked the door and he said, "Come in." We got inside and he said, " Oh Miss Bridge, I know what happened and was about to send you your fired letter." All the color from Eva's face drained and I said, " But sir, please at least listen to her once."

"No, no Mr. Louis , I had taken my decision and its not gonna change. Miss Bridge , this is your letter ."

"But sir...."

"End of discussion Mr. Louis , you can leave now . And yeah, Mr. Louis , I can give you one week leave if you want to help her."

"Thank you so much sir."

We reached her apartment in fifteen minutes in Shane's black Porche . Shane , my elder brother I told you about earlier. With a step in her house, she locked herself inside her room ." E, please open the door. E, please." I said while repeatedly knocking the barrier between us , hard. "Please , leave me alone ,Shawn."

" If you don't feel like talking now, it's fine. But , I'm not leaving you alone for sure."

I shoot some texts to her parents 'bout what happened while waiting for her to open the door.She came out after one hour of crying with her eyes puffy and nose reddened . She sat beside me with her head on my shoulder and I wrap my arms her to held her tighter in me .

Few moments went in a comfortable silence before she fell asleep. I helped her inside the room and laid her on the bed and slept beside her forming a comfortable space between us.

~RYDER'S POV~

I am really worried for Eva , because she was neither picking my calls nor replying to my texts. Was she ignoring me . But what I had done to offend her . My last time was really good with her. Without wasting any time , I left for her apartment in my grey Ford.

When I reached there after half hour of driving , I saw Shawn's car was also there. I knocked on her front door but got no response. I tried to call her again when Shawn opened the door .

~SHAWN'S POV~

I heard some noise in my sleep as someone was knocking the door. I opened my eyes to saw a peaceful Eva sleeping with dried tear marks on her cheeks.

When I was going to see who it was, Eva's phone rang and a ping of jealousy aroused inside my heart by seeing Ryder's name . I muted the phone and opened the door to saw Ryder with a worried expression.

***********************

Thank you so much for reading. Next chapter will be up soon. Stay tuned till then. Love you all❤❤