Ryder Got A Mission

Everything you do now is for your future. Think about it.

~Unknown.

~EVA'S POV~

It's five- thirty and three of us are in my room talking about finding a new job for me . Ryder suggested to join her sister's business as an employee and he assures me that she will treat me like a sister.

Shawn suggested to apply again as a librarian as I have experience in that work, but I told him that I'm really bored from being pinned on a chair and shouting to quite the customers.

After a long one hour discussion, I said," Ryder, I think can take your offer. Please tell me what work I have to do after asking Rose." he nodded and asked,

"What about going dinner tonight?"

"Sorry, but I can't"

"Why? What happened?"

"It's just----It's just that she will broke if she paid a penny extra on anything other than daily expenses." Shawn completed for me and they both chuckled lightly. "Seriously Eva, how could you think that we let you pay when you don't have a job." Ryder said and I am feeling really lucky to have friends like them.

Shawn and I were best friends for now two years when I joined The Readers. But I'm really shocked that Ryder became my really good friend in just three days. We never talked before that party and now it was like we had known each other from a very long time.

After having dinner in The Diners , Ryder asked to stay tonight to which we both nodded with a yes. Although, Shawn said yes, but it's not as heartful as mine.

We reached home at ten in Ryder's grey Ford as we took only his car with us , Shawn asked," So, where are you going to sleep , Ryder?"

"Wherever Eva says." Ryder said and I found myself thinking really long before saying, " See , I trust you both . So we all can sleep on the bed or if any of you feel uncomfortable then I'll sleep on the couch."

"No way." they both said in unison. " I am sleeping on the couch and you two can sleep on the bed ." Ryder said to which Shawn said okay but I said," This isn't happening . Ryder you are sleeping at my house for the first time, how can I give you the uncomfortable night." I said.

"It's really fine, Eva." Ryder said with a natural look.

"Are sure , Ryder?" I asked to which he nodded and then we all went to sleep. Shawn and I laid on bed with a comfortable space in between .

"I'm afraid, S." I said and he looked towards me,

"Of what?"

"Those two boys wrote that they are capable of everything. What if they come after me again?"

"Don't worry , E . I'm always here for you."

"Shawn, what if they kidnapped me."

"Will you stop talking bullshit ,Eva." he said and kept a comforting hand on my cheek.

I don't know why , but I broke and started crying by the feeling of being protective in his touch . He hugged and I cried hard in his embrace until fell asleep.

~RYDER'S POV~

I really don't want to sleep with her on a same bed as a friend. I saw her as more than that. Tomorrow , I will leave early to talk to my sirs for her , as they leave their office at sharp nine.

My previous boss died of a heart attack and his twins are , now handling the business with me as their manager.

In the morning, I opened the door of her bedroom to keep note their saying that , I'm leaving early for my job and please don't worry about me. But when I saw them sleeping in each other's embrace , my heart aches and hands itches to kill her damn best friend. But I reminded myself again that I have to throw this feeling aside because if I did that, she will never be mine.

I went to my apartment and got ready. After that , I reached my sirs penthouse in the outskirts of the city. I want to talk to them about Eva to leave her alone because I know them, if a person crosses their paths ones, they will try to make that person's life hell at any cost.

I love her so much and I don't want her in any problem specially with these mafias . I knocked on their office's door and when they gave permission , I got inside.

I saw that only Jack sir was there and not Jase sir. "Good morning , sir." I said and his face lit up, "Oh Ryder, good to see you again at work . We are just about to call you as we have some mission for you." he said and I'm pretty sure that this mission is related to Eva .

"Sir, I want to say-" I was just about to tell him but he interrupted, "No, Ryder listen to me first . We know that you will do this work with your all efforts . We trust you Ryder and we know that you will never upset us ."

"But , sir-" I said but again , he didn't let me complete," No excuses, Ryder. We will send a girl's picture to you. You have to bring that girl to us at any cost and you can do anything , anything to bring her here. If she won't come, kidnap her but bring her here. Now , you can leave because I have to go." he went past me without any other word.

Now , it's ten in the morning and I'm waiting for the picture in the hope that the girl is not Eva .

Jack and Jase sir looks really same. Both have shining black orbs, cheekbones, jawline, tanned skin, short metallic blue hair and a muscular body. The only difference in them is, Jase sir wears spectacles whereas, Jack sir don't.

I am sitting in my apartment , eating breakfast when I heard the ding of my phone. I quickly picked my phone from the couch and a tear escaped from my eyes by seeing the picture.

~EVA'S POV~

When I woke up in the morning , I took myself out of Shawn's embrace and took a quick shower. When I came outside of the bathroom , I saw a note on my side table. I got afraid, what if this was from those boys . I don't found the courage in me to open the piece or paper so I try to woke Shawn, " Shawn , wake up please. There is a note again, Shawn." I shook his arm and he woke up .

"What happened, Eva. Why are so worried." he said with concern.

"Shawn, there is a note, again."

"Don't fear, I'll open it. I'm sure it's not from them." he opened the note . He read it all and started laughing.

"What happened? Why are you laughing?" I asked with confusion in my tone . "I'm laughing because , it's not from them , it's from Ryder. Ha ha ha, look at your face ,Eva." he said and disgust covered my face.

I read the note and got outside of the bedroom to check if it's true or not.

When I'm making breakfast, I heard my phone's ring. When I check who it is, a smile formed on my face. I picked up the phone and said," Hello."

***********************

Thank you so much for reading.

Stay tuned and next chapter will be up soon.Plus, any kind of suggestion is highly welcome. Love ya all❤❤