The Talk

I wonder what I look like in your eyes.

~Unknown.

~SHAWN'S POV~

One day passed and we didn't talked for the first time in these two years. She sent me several texts and missed calls throughout the day but I didn't replied. It's not like I didn't want to, it's just if I reply then I will start thinking of her again and never get over her. Actually, now also I am thinking of her only but I don't blame myself, I blame no one, it's just the fate.

I don't know how long I can ignore her, it's really difficult specially when I know that she is on the path to destruction. And Ryder, I don't believe him even a little.

I am really confused about Ryder. I mean I know about his secret which he is keeping from Eva. Should I tell her or talk to Ryder first? My mind said to leave it on Ryder and my heart was saying that I am her best friend and I should protect her from every obstacle, every danger.

I think I should talk to Ryder. I quickly messaged Ryder. I took his number from him in Rosy's office.

Shawn: Ryder?

He replied really quick.

Ryder: Sorry, but who is this?

I think he didn't saved my number.

Shawn: It's Shawn.

Ryder: Oh, Shawn. What happened?

Shawn: I need to talk to you.

Ryder: Afcourse, say.

Shawn: Um...not here. Can we meet?

Ryder: Yeah. Actually, I also want to talk to you. So, when and where?

Shawn: Summer Beach? In an hour?

Ryder: Fine by me.

Shawn: Okay.

About what he want to talk to me? Lets see.

I got dressed in my black dress shirt and black jeans. I reached the beach in twenty minutes or something. I parked my car on a bare spot and can see Ryder's from where I am standing.

I called him to know where he exactly is and he told me to meet him near the cliff. The cliff of Summers is really famous as it gives the best view specially in the twilight.

I found him and sat near by. "Hello, Ryder." I said to which he replied with a heartless smirk.

"So?" he said.

"We both need to talk. You can say first."

"Umm....okay. Why are you doing this to her?"

"What am I doing?"

"See, I know you love her."

"Yeah, I do but who told you this?"

"Eva told me this herself yesterday when she was crying like for whole day because of you, Shawn."

"I think I am doing nothing wrong. I am going through heart break and I need some 'me time'." I said by air quoting.

"I can understand. Actually, we both can understand this but she can't. She thoughts that you are mad at her and she is really freaking out."

"I know what she is thinking as she sent me several texts but-"

"Then why are you not replying? See, I can't see sorrow in her eyes, it hurts me."