Lights Out

As the full moon finds it's place in the darkest of skies, love will uplift despair.

~Unknown.

~EVA'S POV~

It's five and me and Shawn are getting ready to head to Rosy's office. I hope that everything goes just fine. I don't know if those boys are over me or would come after me but until I don't know anything, I want to live happily, live in peace. Theory of my life is to live in the present and not ruin my current happiness in the worries of future.

The talk which me and Shawn had earlier, made me think whether to choose between them or to find my own love. I look Shawn totally in the light of a best friend but Ryder, I can think about him.

"Ready?" Shawn asked me after getting dressed in dark blue dress shirt and black jeans, looking hot. I wore a cream crop top with a flowery pattern and a knot in the end with my black jeans short. I pulled my hairs in a sleek ponytail.

"Yeah. You look ...good" I told him while looking at him. "Thanks and you are as stunning as always." he said and we headed downstairs to sat in the car. Shawn opened the door for me to got settled in the passenger seat and got himself in the driver's.

"Ah...Eva, the talk we had earlier..., please don't tell or ask anything about it from Ryder." he said with a pleasing look while driving and his gaze was fixed on the front "Shawn, don't ever forget that we are best friends and the talks between us are always a secret." I said and he smiled a little but it faded away as he said," But Eva, I don't want us to be only friends." Now he is acting desperate . He should give me some time to think as he dropped that secret like a bomb. I can't tell him directly that I don't feel for him but maybe for Ryder but I know that one day I have to tell him.

"S, it's only like three to four hours after you dropped that bomb on me. You should give me some time to think about it." I said and his expressions changed into the guilty ones. "I am sorry, Eva." he said.

"It's fine. Oh, Shawn I totally forgot to tell you that my parents are coming this Friday night."

"Oh really? Well, that's great. And yeah, this way I also get the chance to talk them about us." he said with a naughty look and laughed.

"Oh, stop it Shawn."

"Okay, okay fine."

We reached Rosy's office after half hour of driving. It was a big building with lots of windows. The board was on the top saying ' The Fashion Diva; Head Office' I was shocked to know that Rosy really has a large chain of her business as I saw it's branches in many cities and she was its owner. But I wonder what Ryder do for his living. I mean I know that much that he is not the partner in her business in any way. Anyways, I will ask him later.

Shawn parked the black Porche on a bare spot. We unbuckled our seat belts and when I was going to open the door, Shawn told me to stay in and he was coming in a second.

After few seconds, the door of my side opened and he was standing there taking his hand out for me saying, " In your service, madam." I chuckled and took his hand in mine. After his confession, he was acting different as if trying to impress me.

We walked through the grey pavement leading us inside the building while I said," Don't you think you are acting differently after your confession?"

"Umm.....may- maybe" he fumbled while saying and I got the confirmation of my thoughts.

We got inside and in right of us was the reception where a lady- more like a girl- was sitting doing something on her computer. In our left were some couches which looks like it's the waiting area.

"We want to see Rosy Cross." he said to the girl on the reception. "Do you have an appointment, sir?" she asked.

Appointment, oh yes. How can we forget that she is the owner.

"Sorry, we don't have one. But you just tell her that Shawn and Eva are here." he said with a normal smile. "Ah, gimme a minute, sir. You can sit on the couches till I am fixing your meeting." she said to which we nodded and sat on the couches across the reception.

"Mam, there are two people without appointment with names Shawn and Eva. Should I send them in? Okay, mam." I heard her saying over the phone and then she told us that we can meet Rosy. She told us that Rosy's cabin is on fifth floor after three cabins from the lift.

When we reached on the fourth floor, the lift stopped with some breaks and lights got closed. I realized that the lights had gone and looked towards Shawn with worry as he has claustrophobia.

"Are the lights gone." it sounded like a statement more than a question and he started taking heavy breathes.

"Hey, don't worry, everything will be fine, Shawn. Look at me, S. Look at me." I tried to calm him down when he started panting.

He fall on the ground with his hand on his chest, struggling for breath. I sat down and hugged him saying that he would be fine and to take longer breathes.

I took his phone from his pocket and tried finding Rosy's contact. When I found one written as Rose I quickly called her and she said, "Hello, Shawn. Are you finding difficulty in finding my cabin?"

"Sorry, Rose but it's Eva. We are in the lift and lights had gone. Plus, Shawn has claustrophobia. Please do something, Rose, he is panting."

"Oh shit! Try to calm him down and I will do something."

"Please be fast."

"Okay."

*************************

Thank you so much for reading.

Next chapter will be up soon❤❤