19

"How's everything been with the mother of your children?" The therapist asked

"We're good you know we've been trying to be friends and stuff but it's been hard. I can't lie. I notice that with her I don't think before I act or speak. I can't help it she drives me crazy all the time."

"What drives you crazy about her?" The doctor pressed further.

"She doesn't listen and she's always putting me in my place and I hate it sometimes. I mean at first that was one of the things that drew me to her but other times I don't need that I just need her support you know."

"Have you tried talking to her about how you feel?"

"She doesn't listen."

"You told me before that she was the only person you felt heard you and saw you. So what changed?"

"Well I guess she listens sometimes like when we are having a deep conversations or something but other than that she doesn't."

"So when you ask things of her do you normally explain why or you do expect her to do what you say no matter what?"

"Well I-I um I explain myself" I said defending my self. She didn't speak for a while as we looked at each other. I didn't like how the silence felt almost as if she didn't believe me but I didn't even believe me. "Ok I should explain myself but I don't and then I get mad" I said putting my head down in shame.

To think back on it I had done this on multiple occasions, even in past relationships. It was hard coming to the realization that I'm the problem.

"We have been talking for quite some time now and let me know if you agree but it seems like you crave control and when you don't have it or get it you shut down. Does that sound like you?" She asked

I nodded not able to meet her gaze from the guilt I felt.

"This is good news Andrew" I looked at her like bitch-what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about "now that we know the problem we can begin the process of moving past this and find ways to help you get better" she smiled

I left the therapist office feeling lighter than I felt coming in. I hadn't realized how much I was holding in. As I strode to my car I couldn't help but to reflect on my life.

~

I stood in the mirror brushing my hair, Ant was to my right brushing his hair as well

I stood in the mirror brushing my hair, Ant was to my right brushing his hair as well. We were getting ready to head over to Ralphy and Kam's crib. They were throwing a party for little man's birthday.

We finished getting ready then I went to my parents house to pick up the rest of the Brady brunch. As I drove Olivia and Anthony sat in the back talking while Isaiah was on his IPad. I shook my head, that kid was always on that IPad.

I stopped the car, texting Christina that we were outside. I then went to one my social media apps scroll through the timeline. After about five minutes Ant called out from the back seat. "Mommy, mommy" he shouted seeing Christina as she walked her way to the car. I looked up from my phone watching as Christina came to the car. My mouth gape open as I watched her come closer. She wore an Orange dress with spaghetti straps, the dress hugged her as it came just above her knees. Her hair was styled short and curly frame her head. She looked radiant.

Noticing her getting closer to the car door I practically jumped out the car to open the door for her. "Hey" I said smoothly holding a hand out and the door so she could get in.

"Hey" She looked at me before taking my hand. "Thank you" she said smiling sweetly at me. I couldn't help the smile that broke across my face.

I closed the door after her and then went back to the drivers seat before I drove off toward the birthday party.

Christina and I had kept to our deal. We were friends and occasionally we would do stuff with Ant. I couldn't lie though it was hard to be around her and not really be with her. It was my own damn fault but that wasn't going to stop me from proving myself to her. She was the only woman that plagued my mind relentlessly. I had a few flings while we were apart but nothing compared.

"Ow" Christina said breathing in sharply.

I looked at her worried, "what's going on?"

"The baby's kicking." She said as she continued to hold her stomach. Excitement bubbled up inside of me as I thought of our future child. Out of instinct I reached my hand to her belly. She gave me a small smile before moving my hand were Boo had kicked.

I felt Boo kick my hand and I looked at her smiling, I was in awe. As we drove I kept my hand on her belly, Boo was really active.

Christina's POV

As soon as Andrew picked me up I could smell his familiar cologne. It made me super aware of the closeness between us as I grabbed his hand to get in the car.

The baby stirred and I could feel Boo move around as if they knew we were close to their daddy. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself and the baby.

Andrew and I had been getting along since he found out. He would take me to and from any doctors appointments, if I mentioned something he would have it delivered or deliver it himself within a few hours, and we were spending quite some family time together. My feelings for him had not changed in the few months of us getting along again. I still needed space and I wanted to move on but I couldn't deny the sexual tension that always filled the air whenever we were around each other.

The baby kicked causing me to wince, "ow" I went to hold my stomach.

I could feel Andrew's eyes on me before he spoke. "What's going on?"

"The baby's kicking" I stated feeling on my six almost seventh month bump. I felt Andrew's hand I looked up smiling a little to myself. I moved his hand to were his child repeatedly kicked me. When another kick was felt right were I moved his hand I watched as his face break out into a smile.

As we continued to drive he kept his hands on my stomach. I tried to act like I didn't care or notice but I couldn't. Even though what he was doing should of been seen as a sweet gesture I couldn't help the pool it left between my legs as I squeezed my thighs together.

Stop it I mentally scolded myself.

~