Too Cool For School

The only school Hannah and Dallas ever attended was a Catholic school, designed to reform the 'at risk youth' of New York City.

- Dallas dropped out when he was twelve.

- Hannah stopped going at thirteen after the teachers threatened to expel her.

- Verna only registered her kids for the school because it was free, and offered free breakfast and lunch.

- Dallas didn't pay attention at all, but he liked blowing spitballs at the teachers or girls in his classes.

- Hannah didn't pay attention either, but she liked doodling in the notebooks she was given. Most of the time, she wrote letters to Buck that she would never mail.

- When she went to school, writing with your left hand was considered a mark of the Devil. Every time Hannah wrote with her left hand, the teachers would hit the back of her knuckles five times.

- It took two years to break the habit, she hates her writing now.

- Hannah and Dallas only ever learned the basics.

-Basic math, history, the alphabet, e.c.t

- Dallas is good at math, the numbers just clicked.

- Hannah....could um.....Hannah was good at throwing things at her teachers and blaming it on other students.

- History was her favourite class though.