Chapter 62

"Today we're going to do something different. I have wasted a month of my life trying to teach you fucking useless mutts gender equality, and you've learned absolutely nothing." I chuckle dryly, staring at the groups coldly.

"MUTTS-" A man instantly rears up in defence.

"THEREFORE...if you will not obey me, you will obey him." I speak sharply, cutting off the angry male immediately.

"Who?" Multiple voices echo.

"Lucifer." I smirk, hearing his name being called, he immediately comes from the trees behind the men.

I knew the moment they hear him, they all turn in unison. The moment they realise what he is, what breed he is, the men begin to back off in some attempt to create a path way. I saw it on their faces, the look that I have been waiting to see and having no such luck.

Unease.

"Lucifer has a very high bite count, don't let his obedience and trust for me fool you. He's still very much in training, like all of you, difference is...this dog came from a very harsh and hostile background, and with time he is still able to learn his place." I state, giving Lucifer a biscuit as a reward.

"It's a dog. How is a dog going to do your job? Or even ours?" I'm asked.

"It's not just about giving the dog a command. It's about building that bond, that respect and trust, it's about making sure he's fed, that he's taken care of, it's about reading his facial and body language to know what he wants, how he feels." I explain.

While the men have zero care for me, they seem to be curious about Lucifer. Which is what I hoped for, because wolves don't interact with dogs, so they assume it's a stupid thing to do as first. Until they do it, and they train it.

"What does he do?" A man questions.

"He was used as fighting dog, and that aggression couldn't be tamed. So instead of changing him, we basically re-routed his aggression. For now he is just in training, but eventually he will be a protection dog." I inform them.

"First he has to master his attack and recall, and I figured since you all heal a lot faster than me, you can be the bait." I smirk.

"Not a fucking chance."

"Hell no."

"Not today, nu-uh, not today."

Voices of refusal instantly echo from many of the wolves.

"It's not a choice." I clarify.

"Now, there are plenty of dogs just like Lucifer waiting to be killed. We will go to the shelters and you can all hand pick your very own dog, we will spend six months training these dogs and if you decide you don't want to keep it, that's not a problem. BUT, you're going to save one, and you're going to train it." I state firmly, making it perfectly clear that this really isn't up for negotiations.

"There's like one fifty, two hundred of us, where the hell are even putting that many dogs?" One them ask me.

"This land is almost four hundred and eighty thousand acres, and expanding. This field itself is almost ninety acres, I'm certain we'll find somewhere." I retort with a sweet smile.

They don't like it, they hate the idea, but it's not their decision. If they want a pack, an Alpha that actually cares, they'll do this. Because the only way they're staying in this pack is if they learn some respect towards she-wolves.

"Alright. We're going to run through a couple of scenarios. Lucifer and I are walking, and some guy tries to take my purse." I say, putting the men in random order either side of me.