Chapter 95

"It's been three days, I'm sick of this bullshit room." I glare at him, ignoring the twinges of pain as I bend down to pull my shoes on.

"Three days is not enough time-"

"Are you going to stop me?" I challenge, already grabbing my phone off the bedside table.

Doc says nothing, knowing he'll be crossing a line by saying yes. Unless Hardin commands him to bed-bound me, he cannot lay a hand on me. Im aware of how harsh the pack have been treated the last couple of days. Honestly I have nothing to say about it, I was shot by someone who is family, in the safety of what should be home. Clearly the rules need re-writing, and Hardin is more than happy to ensure his pack fully understand the new rules.

"He's going to kill me for this." Beck exhales, though he does smile a little at the thought.

"That's the idea." I tease, grunting slightly as I grab my bag.

"Don't even." Beck grunts, taking the bag immediately and slinging it over his shoulder.

"Thanks." I mutter.

"Do you remember what happened? After you..died?" Beck struggles to say the word, clearing his throat while not looking at me.

I shake my head. "No, nothing. Why?" I ask.

"Some people say they see light." He shrugs.

"Maybe I wasn't dead long enough." I say, smirking despite it not being funny or something to joke about.

Dark sense of humour and all that.

"Wouldn't say that in front of Hardin, he's been a bit uptight." Beck murmurs.

"Has he? I hadn't noticed." I mumble, pausing as I stare right down the field.

Hardin is training the pack, pushing them to their absolute limits and then more. He wants them to be more vigilant and responsive, says their training needs more training.

"Oh shit, he sees us." Beck hisses.

I snap out of my thoughts, noticing the angry faced Alpha storming his way up the field. Face all red with temper, hands balled into fists, shoulders tense, it's almost frightening. His bronze abs glistening with sweat naturally distract me, the muscle bulging from his workout, thighs and calf's suddenly look extremely sexy as he walks up to us in only basketball shorts.

"What is she doing out of bed?" He growls menacingly at Beck, who is supposed to be standing guard not helping me escape.

"I couldn't force her to stay, Alpha." Beck answers, bowing his head slightly.

Hardin's glare turns to me, but I just smile up at the beastly beautiful man.

"Hi."

His jaw clenches, a crease forming between his eyebrows as his anger dissipates almost instantly. He seems irritated about that.

"Don't hi me, you shouldn't be walking around, it's too soon." He tells me, his tone much softer than how he spoke to Beck.

"You can take me back to bed anytime." I smirk, dropping my gaze down his gorgeous sweaty abs.

"I'm serious, Kat." Hardin retorts.

"I'm going back to bed, relax, just not that bed in there." I exhale, already feeling partially tired just from walking out of the emergency wing.

"Good." Hardin says, gesturing for us to lead the way.

I roll my eyes, knowing he's coming with me to make sure I do in fact go to bed. While I don't like being babied, I do understand where he's coming from. If this helps him sleep, then it's whatever.