Cha.8 school project

Thank you so much for 180 reads!!

-

School was over and I was on my way home. Traffic was horrible today and it almost took 2x longer than usual to walk home.

I entered the door when I got home and remembered that I had to go over to Clays house next door, after school for the group project.

Right, I forgot to ask what time I should come.

I threw my bag in the floor after I got the papers for the assignment.

I heard something hard hit my window. It sounded like a rock.

What the hell?

I sprinted to the window and opened it quickly to see which kids was messing with me this time.

I heard a wissle and turned my head up. "Climb over here" I saw Clay standing there, singaling with his hands to come.

"Are you crazy?! That's dangerous" I yelled back.

It was only about 2 meters apart from our windows and a tall tree next to the
windows, between the houses.

But we were on the second floor and falling down from here could give a few broken bones.

"I'll catch you, just use the tree to climb over" he said.

"Fine"

I opened the window fully open and started to climb out nervously. I held on to the tree and used it to climb over to the other window.

I almost slipped when I got only a few inches from the window but just in time, I felt him grab my arm.

He pulled me inside and closed the window.

"Are you okay?" he asked after I got inside.

"I'm fine. Let's just get this over with" I said coldly and sat down on the floor, leaning against the bedframe.

He sat down next to me. "Should we divide it so you do this part and I do this" he said pointing at the assignment.

"Wow..I thought you were gonna force me to do all" I said.

"Why would I do that?" he asked.

I look at him with an unimpressed look. "Aren't you the one that forced me to do all your work last week?"

"Lets just start" he said, rolling his eyes.

-

We had sat here now for about 4 hours and I noticed that he had fallen asleep on my shoulder.

I couldn't move him cause I would wake him up and I wanted to finish this assingment today, without hearing him nagging me the whole time.

It stayed like that for 2 more hours and it was 23:36 pm now. I was finished now but too tired to even bother to move.

I rested back my head on his and fell asleep the second I closed my eyes.

-

I woke up on a soft matress and rubbed my eyes to notice that i wasn't in my room.

I felt warmer then last night and saw that I was wearing a hoodie that I didn't wear when I studied last night.

I sat up and looked around remembering that I had fallen asleep from studying hours straight last night.

I heard snoring coming from beneath me. I looked down to the floor from the bed and saw Clay sleeping there.

I got out of the bed and down to his level on the floor and shaked his shoulders.

"Wake up" I repeated and kept shaking his shoulders until I heard a groan.

"Five more minutes" he said half asleep.

"No, wake up. We fell asleep from last night and we have school, remember?"

He finally woke up and turned to me after standing up. "You look cute in my hoodie"

My face flushed red and I turned my face away trying to cover it. "Why the hell am I wearing it anyways and why did I wake up in your bed!"

I heard him chuckle from what I yelled. "I woke up from you shivering and I put you in my bed since the floor was uncomfortable"

"Don't worry, I slept the whole night on the floor" he added.

"You better have, and I need to get to my room before my mom notice i'm not there" I scoffed and turned to the window, before opening it to climb out.

"Becareful" I heard him say after I grabbed on to the tree for support.

"Could have told me that yesterday before I almost fell down"

"Hey, I told you I would catch you and I did" he said as I reached the window and got inside.

"Whatever" I said with a small smirk before I shut the window completly.

I picked up my phone from my back pocket and saw that I was almost already late for school.

I ran to the bathroom and quickly brushed my teeth before grabbing my bag and heading off to school.

I got outside, panting in stress and heard someone yell my name.

"George!"

I turned my head around and saw Clay standing outside his car. "Get in or you'll be late.

I didn't have much of a choice, unless I wanted to spend the rest of the day after school in detention.

I entered the car and he drove off to the school. Luckily we got in time and I stepped out.

"Thank you Clay" I said before I shut the car door.

"No problem George" he smirked as I saw him starting to drive again towards the parking lot.

I was about to head towards my locker until I saw Niki standing outside the doors, giving me a smirk.

"Oo what was that about" she said when I reached her.

"Shut up, let's go to class before the teacher gets mad again" I said as we got inside the building.

We unlocked our lockers and right then I heard her talking again. "So Clay huh? She started.

"I thought you guys were enemies" she laughed, raising and eyebrow.

"It's not like that" I said closing the locker door.

"Plus he only gave me a ride because I would be late to school, nothing more"

Niki looked at me like I was dumb as we started walking to class. "Yeah. No" she started.

"I don't think he would do that to anyone, and who knows, maybe he'll be catching feelings and realise that he was the one being a dick all along" she added as we got inside and sat down on the desks next to eachother at the window.

"No, I don't think so" I said shaking my head.

"You sure about that?" Niki said, pointing at the hoodie I forgot I was wearing.

My face turned pink but I was saved by the teacher who started the lesson now.

Well that's embarrassing..

-

1117 words:)