cant help falling in love with you

#pov everyone is born with a number of times you can fall in love...a boy who received only one wants to make it count...

new school, yay...

you recently moved to a new school because of your parents work, you can't complain though it was your first time moving and hopefully your last before graduation. you were at your newly assigned locker, emptying your bag of all the things you didnt need for the next few classes when you overheard a conversation a few lockers down.

"yo sean!"
"so what's new?"
"i'm dating a new girl!" you roll your eyes, 'i cant stand people with multiple chances and throw it all away' you thought "relaxx, i still have 9 chanced at love left..what? you jealous?? dude, just go on a date!"
"it's not the same for me.. i have one chance..if things don't work out, it's over for me!" one chance? you look behind your locker door to find a very attractive guy and his friend. one chance huh? you set a mental reminder to talk to him later.
"yeah yeah...hey that reminds me, i heard a girl is transferring to your class..but i hear she only has one chance at love too" you freeze, you best friend (who attends this school) must have told people, making you wince. great.

you awkwardly stood at the front of the class, you scan the class and see the cute guy from earlier sitting down while playing with his fingers
"everyone welcome our new student to the class!" he looked at you, and you felt the blood rush to your face as he scanned you
"nice to meet everyone!" you smiled, trying to be friendly, sean looked away but luckily for the two of you, the teacher arranged for yiu to sit with him. greattt.
"heyy!!" you say as you take a seat
"hey?"
"i heard you have one chance at love??" the confused set in on his face
"yeah..?"
"same!! and on that note, let's be friends!!" so much was happening at once, he laughed awkwardly "we can give each other advice!to try and find our soulmates, ya know?" he smiled in disbelief, probably over how straight forward i am "what? don't tell me you already fell in love with me?" you both laugh
"fine...friends." he smiles

over the last few months you found yourself catching feelings for sean. you just couldn't help it.
the two of you became inseparable throughout the time you have been at his school, giving each other dating advice even though you both have never been in a relationship before.

while the two of you were having a picnic in the park (a weekly tradition for you both) he spoke up
"y/n, i need to get some things off my chest"
"hmm? what is it?"
"this could either be the best decision ever or the worst but, i am in love with you. and i was wondering. if you were willing to risk our one shot of love with each other."
"sean-"
"no no i know, it might be dumb because we are so young but i've never felt this way for anyone before and i don't know, for you it's worth the risk"
"sean, i'm in love with you too" you smile, pulling him into a hug. he placed a kiss to your forehead
"i couldn't help falling in love with you" he held my chin with his thumb and forefinger and leaned in, kissing my lips slowly as we both melted into it, smiling.
definitely the best decision we made...