Space Song

"You wide-eyed girls, you get it right"

*          *          *

   "We really don't have to go," Spencer said, slowly shoving clothes into his suitcase. "I didn't even want to go in the first place so I'd be totally ok with the idea of not going. Seriously, why don't we just stay home?"

   "Spence, it's your 15 year class reunion," Bella said, grabbing her makeup bag and throwing it into her suitcase. "I'm excited to meet some of these people."

   "It's not even the class I graduated with! It's my original class, the people I haven't seen in years. My class of 1999...all left behind when I got to graduate with the class of 1993."

   "Exactly, you haven't seen them in years. Aren't you interested to see what everyone has been up to?" 

   "Not really."

   Bella furrowed her eyebrows, "Why not?"

   "I was never friends with these people, Bella. They were just acquaintances or people who would pretend to be my friend so I would do their homework for them." 

   With a frown, Bella gave Spencer a light nod. She placed the clothes she was holding, in her suitcase. 

   "You know what I think?" Bella questioned. "You haven't seen these people in 15 years, now you get to show them who you've become. Half of these people probably stayed in Vegas, wasting their money away on gambling and cheap cigarettes. You are so much better than them Spencer, you are a million times better."

   Spencer sighed, "It's just that...I've made peace with my past. I hate that I have to go see these people again."

   "I know," Bella said softly. "If you truly don't want to go, then we don't have to. You being comfortable and happy is more important than a class reunion." 

   With a gentle nod and a small sigh, Spencer peered down at his suitcase. He hadn't seen his classmates in 15 years, perhaps they changed? He considered that, going over every possible outcome. 

   He could reunite with these people and see that they've changed or he could reunite with these people just to find out that they were still huge assholes. Either way, he felt obligated to still go. Going to the reunion meant going to Vegas, which meant going and visiting his mom. With a huff, he looked back up at Bella.

   "Just, stick with me all night, ok?" he said. "I'll probably implode if I'm left alone with those people."

   "Of course," Bella smiled. "I'll be right by your side all night." 

   She took him by the hand, planting a soft kiss on it. Spencer couldn't help but grin at his beautiful wife. His heart started to flutter and he found himself wanting to melt into her arms. That was the thing about Bella Snow.