4

The control room of the helicarrier was large and multilayered. A glass window covered one wall and each layer was covered in computers. Men and women of all different ages and colour in navy blue uniforms filled the room, all announcing different protocols and procedures as the ship ascended. Basil whistled as he glanced around, impressed by it all. Fury stood at the centre of it all. On a slightly raised platform with his hands on two metal arm rests, what Basil assumed to be the main control point of the ship. When he noticed that they had entered, he stepped off to meet them.

He greeted Banner first. "Dr, thank you for coming". Banner shook his hand.

"Thanks for asking nicely. So um, how long am I staying?"

"Once we get our hands on the tessaract, you're in the wind".

"Where are you with that?" 

Nick gestured to where Coulson was standing on a slightly lower floor. "We're accessing every wireless net work on the plant, cell phones, laptops. If it's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us".

"That's still not going to find them in time", Natasha voiced.

"You have to narrow your field", Banner muttered. "How many spectrometers do you have access too?"

Fury shrugged. "How many are there?"

"Call every lab you know. Tell them to put their spectrometer on the roof and calibrate them for gamma rays. I'll rough our a tracking algorithm. Basic cluster regonitiom". Whatever Banner had just said was jibberish to Basil. "Do you have somewhere where I can work?"

"Agent Romanov", Fury called. "Can you show Dr Banner his lab please".

"You're going to love it Doc", She said as she led the man away. "We've got all the toys".

Steve and Basil stayed on the main control deck, watching the shield agents work with careful interest. They were looking for the man called Loki. According to the file they had been give, the man was a alien who had appeared from a portal and stolen the tessract. Coulson came to join them and Basil smirked as the man brought up the trading cards that Natasha had mentioned. "I mean if it's too much trouble", the man said.

"No no", Steve replied. "It's fine".

"I would love too", Basil grinned. "I haven't really seen much memorabilia about me before. I saw my comic character once and that was highly disappointing".

Coulson nodded. "I saw the interview when you chewed the men out. It is rather famous now. Merchandise of the crazy doctor boomed after that and your death. There was a resurgence in their popularity after your brother gave your letters to the Smithsonian, lots of lgbt people buying it up. You're sort of a icon".

"Wow", Basil muttered.

"The cards are a vintage set. It took me a couple of years to collect them all", Coulson added. "Near mint".

"We've got a match. A 67% match", a agent announced. Coulson crossed over to look at computer screen. "Wait cross match, 78%".

"Location?"

"Stuttgart Germany. 28 Konigstrasse. He's not exactly hiding". Basil peered at the image of Loki on the computer screens. The man didn't look very old, and also startlingly human. He half expected some sort of alien features, but no. Loki looked young and human and cold.

"Captain". Both men turned as Fury spoke. The one eyed man nodded at them. "You and your Corporal are up".

"Please no stars or stripes on the uniform", Basil muttered as a agent led them away to get changed. They were led down corridors and to a metal door. The agent nodded at them before leaving. Steve took a deep breath and strode forwards. The doors opening automatically as they entered. The first thing they saw was the familiar blue and red uniform set on display before them. The rounded shield emblazoned with the white star hanging directly above it. The uniform was similar to the old one, except it didn't have all the straps and harnesses. Basil poked it, surprised at how thin the material felt, but also how strong it was.