2 4 - Epilogue

One year later.

Hermione's heart pounds rapidly as she darts behind a bush, breath creating puffs of white in the cold air. After a few minutes of waiting and no sign of movement, she slowly peeks over the top of the snow-covered bush, scanning the blanketed terrain for threats.

Clutching a snowball in a mitten-clad hand, Hermione crouches and moves carefully out from behind the bush. The chirp of a bird sitting in a tree nearby startles her and she jumps, nearly dropping the icy weapon in her hand. She walks forward stealthily towards a different bush, sure she had spotted it moving earlier.

And is promptly nailed in the back with a snowball.

"Bugger," Hermione growls, brushing snow from her back as she turns to face a grinning Draco Malfoy. In response, he lifts her up and twirls her around in the crisp winter air until she's laughing, grudge forgotten. Momentarily.

Being with him makes her feel alive. As free as a butterfly, the very thing that dangles from the bracelet around her wrist. Ever since he had given her the stunning piece of jewelry, she's worn it everywhere—even if it clashes with her outfit, much to Ginny's exasperation.

"Let's get inside," Draco says, wrapping an arm around her shoulder as they walk towards their home. It's a decent size but cozy and charming, Christmas lights twinkling merrily. "And because I won, you have to make me hot chocolate,"

Once they're in the house and out of the cold, Hermione pretends to be upset as she heats the milk and presses a steaming mug into his hands. "I don't understand why you think that beating me in a snowball fight is such a big deal," she laughs as she leans into his comforting touch.

"If there's anything I can beat the great Hermione Granger at, I'm going to treasure it," Draco replies with a grin that still sends the butterflies in her stomach into an uproar.

"You're insufferable," Hermione retorts, even as she smiles and steals a sip of hot chocolate from him.

The thud of the mug on the counter is audible as he sets it down and gently turns him to face her. He catches her hand and rubs it across the wedding band on her finger. It's become a habit for him—she's noticed the way he does it almost daily, as if to assure himself that it's there and that what they have isn't just a wild dream.

"My wife," Draco says in a tone that borderlines on worshipful.

"My husband," Hermione responds.

When he kisses her, it is with snow falling gently in the background and the knowledge that he is hers and he will never let her go.

a/n: I never thought that I would end up writing my own dramione fanfic and the fact that it's now completed is absolutely crazy to me. It was definitely a long journey with lots of writer's block and staring at an empty page, but it was worth it to create this story.

Love to Emma for supporting me when I said I had an idea and for editing chapters with such great ideas.

Special thanks to itsbbailey elysianbarbz idekijustliketowrite  @chocolatewhxre @celle0422 for always voting/commenting and supporting my writing <3

Let me know what you thought of the story!