Chapter 17

"Do you believe about the saying, calm before the storm?" Dan blurted out. He's still sleepy and a little bit zoning out whilst eating his cereal. He stared at Phil, who is drinking his coffee, probably on his second cup.

Phil cocked his eyebrow, gently placed the mug down and said, "Depends on the situation." He paused and observes Dan pushing his cereal around the bowl, "why did you asked?"

Dan shook his head, he wasn't particularly interested in the subject he brought up, and he just wanted to talk. "Nothing," he took a spoonful of his food, "oh, I remembered, when we're still 'fighting'," he raised both of his hands and made air quotes, "I always believe about the calm before the storm, like, when you're a little generous to me or you're not bothering me, I always think that bad things will happened next."

Guilt attacked Phil, he bit his lower lip and nervously looked up at Dan. He was an arsehole towards him last time, probably still today when a stupid situation occurred, but only a little bit, "look, I'm sorry about that, you know. It didn't crossed on my mind that you looked at me like that, sure I want people not to look at me like a weakling but I don't want them to think of bad things whenever they saw me," he paused and scrunched his forehead, "maybe I want some little shits to cower in fear when they saw me, but that doesn't include you." He extended his right arm, reached over to Dan and softly caressed his left cheek, "are we good?"

He leaned into Phil's hand and hummed his answer. Dan lifted his left hand and placed it on top of Phil's hand, "my friend always said that there's no fun in happy endings, I don't know why she always says that whenever we are discussing about love stories," Dan dropped his hand, Phil did the same and finished his cup of coffee, "I'm sorry," Dan laughed, "I'm weird at mornings, forget about what I said." Dan stands up, and placed his bowl in the kitchen sink, Phil followed and when Dan turned around he placed a chaste kiss on his lips.

"I might not do what your 'ideal man' will do, because I always prioritise studying and stuff, but I'll make it up for all the free time I have." He blushed and covered his face with his hand.

Dan chuckled, "oh god. Is this Saturday morning confessions? Is this going to become our routine?"

"Oh shut up," Phil rolled his eyes, "at least we get our things straight."

Dan laughed, "oh yeah."

--

Dan is slumped on the floor his books untouched in the table and his eyes focused on the TV, "Phil, if you are not really focused on your studying thing, Psycho-Pass is epic."

Phil nudged him with his knee, Dan is sitting between his legs, Phil's in the couch and Dan is on the floor in the sitting room. "Yeah, yeah, just do your thing and regret everything after exams."

"I'm going to study after this." Dan complained. Phil reached out in the table grabbed the remote and paused it, "oh my god, I'm on the second to the last episode."

Phil laughed, "come up here," he gestured beside him. Dan scrambled up and lean his head on Phil's shoulder. "Look at me."

Dan did and he's grinning from ear to ear, "man, your eyes are so blue."

"Yeah," he brushed Dan's hair out of his face, "close your eyes." Phil placed his book on the table.

He kisses Dan it was slow and sweet, Phil caresses his hair and slowly moving his hand down, tracing his spine and then up again. Dan pulled away, "please don't stop doing that."

"Come here," he nudged Dan to sit on his lap, facing him, "I love you, I really really do."

"That's embarrassing, Phil don't say sweet words."

"Oh shut up."

"Make me." Dan winked and Phil bit his neck, "oh god." Phil placed his hand under Dan's shirt. "You are going to be the death of me."

**
i'm sorry, short chapter