Chapter 10

Because I didn't update this story for a very long week (actually months) I made a (fairly) long chapter. Yay!

-

It has started, midterms where Phil promised to himself that he’s not going to get fucked up grades this time, because of his issue last prelims; he stopped his tutoring sessions with Dan. Actually he was really sad that he needed to stop it because that means, no additional money and he cannot go to Thomas’ flat and do stuff. Studying is his main priority anyway.

After his ‘chat’ with Dan last Friday, Phil guessed that he’s really the only one who can confirm on what changes he is undergoing. Observing Dan’s reaction the moment he mentioned his ‘little problem’, Dan looks like he wanted to be eaten alive by the ground, he knows it is his fault and Phil wanted to hug him and say ‘no’ because maybe it was his fault but Phil knows Dan only helped to trigger his hidden identity or whatever it is. Maybe he should be thankful for that or perhaps not. 

Phil noticed after a week that Dan is avoiding him, whenever he noticed Dan walking he wanted to greet him but Dan would turn around and walk fast. Phil maybe has shitty personality sometimes but completely ignoring and avoiding him like they don’t have a ‘past’ is not charming at all, so Phil decided to corner Dan. He still remembers Dan’s schedule of going home.

Perhaps he’s being extra creepy at the moment and he should probably just stopped and let Dan do what he wanted, but sometimes being persistent gets some reward, like a shocked Dan facing him in front of the library whereas the security guard at the door is obviously deducing what will happen next between them.

He adjusts his bag, “hey Da-”

Dan shouted at someone on Phil’s back, “Katie wait,” whoever it is Dan immediately tried to walk or rather run past Phil, but Phil grabs his arm before Dan could do it.

“Hey, stop. Let’s talk.”

“We’re talking and I need to talk to my classmate, right now.” Dan gaze at someone who apparently his classmate Katie.

Phil is trying his best not to snap at Dan, so instead he smile at him and said, “Just a minute, please?”

Dan stiffly nods and smile apologetically at Katie. That was easy and Phil’s smile is genuine without himself knowing. “Where do you want to go?”

“I don’t know. You’re the one inviting me.”

*

They ended up in Tea-Pop, just beside their university; both had ordered smoothies, cookies and cream flavoured for Phil and ChocoLava for Dan.

“So,” Phil paused and fumbles with his thumbs, “I’m sorry, for you know,” he shrugs his shoulders and glance at Dan and back to his smoothie, “damn it all” he whispered, summoned all his courage and inhale deeply. He looks up at Dan without blinking, “okay, I’m sorry for teasing you, being a massive dick and blaming you, for, about that.”

He knows what Phil is rambling about and somewhat Dan knows Phil is genuinely sorry for what he did. It’s not like he’s being an annoying sod at the great silence he is providing at the moment for him, he just don’t know how to respond at him. It was a great change in personality and absorbing it at one go isn’t easy.

“Hey!” Phil’s face is still flush at his unexpected embarrassing rambling. “You know what? Never mind,” he huffs and sulkily sips his smoothie. At least he did something good and Mrs. Pond will be proud of his change.

The little café is filling up with students, a queue is forming at the counter and some abandoned tables are now being occupied. Dan breathes in, “yeah,” he mumbled, “I mean, what’s with the change?” He literally wanted to slap his face after the question came out of his mouth.