Chapter 15

“The thing is, we don’t need to make any prototype or shit that will make us cry, we only need to submit a research paper about what our project will be and then defend it in front of three professors, who I wish, isn’t the spawn of Satan here on Earth.” Lucy was flipping through the pages of their research paper, “our abstract is shit, let’s revise it.”

They’re in the library and Lucy is quite loud for the liking of the other students, “calm the fuck down and hold your breathe, the deadline is like two and a half more weeks away,” Andy snatched the papers on Lucy’s hand who in response, rolled her eyes on his direction. “If you didn’t act like a four year old last week, we must’ve finished it before the deadline and got extra points.”

She tsked and added, “Excuse me but asked our loyal friend here who ditched us and then the rumours he spread backfired and the other student judging us for what he did. I was really stupid,” she sighed, “what the actual fuck am I thinking back then? I know sometimes I'm a jerk but not that bad. I'm disgusted of my attitude."

“Guys, shut up for a second and stop blabbering nonsense okay? Past is in the past, just fucking let it go.” Phil whispered angrily eyeing his two friends, “I’m sorry okay? I said it before and I thought you’re not bitter about it.” He paused and murmured, “I’m going to shove snow on your uniforms if you don’t stop, let’s do this thing.”

*

“Dan.”

“What?”

“For heaven’s sake, stop tapping I can’t solve this goddamn amortization.” Katie glared at him and Dan paused, he didn’t even notice he was tapping his pen.

“Sorry, I’ll stop.”

“Good, now compute that thing and then let’s compare our answers.”

Phil and him is constantly messaging each other now, even little things and Dan want to punch his throat because Phil is being cute and silly in his messages and Dan can imagine him doing it in real life which frankly speaking will not happen because they haven't met for a two weeks now. "Stupid exams," he grumbled and flipped open his book.

"Yeah, exams are stupid, Mark is so busy he cannot reply to my messages. I mean, I understand that but it’s just sad, you know?" Katie sighed and glanced at their professor, who is sitting in front with his laptop open, "and this seatwork is taking too long to do."

Dan nodded his response, his phone vibrated in his pocket, he had received a message from Phil.

'hey'

Is this an 'I miss you hey', an 'I don't want to talk to you hey', or maybe just a casual hey.

"Dan, Sir Smith is looking at you. Remember that he doesn't like someone using phones on his class." Katie whispered whilst looking at her book and paper.

Dan sighed and returned his phone on his pocket.

*

"Waiting for an important message?" Lucy sat down in front of Phil, it's lunch time and Lucy wasn't avoiding Phil anymore, "I noticed that you keep checking your phone," she grinned, "you have a girlfriend? Like a serious thing?"

Phil huffed, "what made you think?" He pocketed his phone and continued to eat.

"Dude, I'm going to take a photo of you while looking at your phone and see for yourself what your face looks like." She laughed, "no, I'm kidding don't frown, I don't want my beautiful face to be bashed by your fists."

Phil bit his lip, he thought Lucy knows, she's really a smart girl but dumb when it comes to 'feelings' and relationships. "Did you revise the abstract?"