Chapter 6

On my way to my room before my 1V1 with Todoroki-kun I tried to come up with a plan. It wasn't easy because of how strong Todoroki-kun's quirk is. It's so powerful even if he is only using half of it.

"man, this world is unfair." When I make it to my room I start with a few stretches to loosen my muscles. I had the starting of a plan in my mind. Thanks to his previous battles I knew he wants to finish as fast as possible and that he will not use his fire but only his ice.

I just needed to doge his first massive attack somehow and then go from there. I knew most of my plan would involve dodging his ice. I needed to get close to him to fight. I clasp my fingers together and stretch my arms. Just as I did an announcement asking the next contestants to make their way to the area came over the speakers.

"well, let's get this over with."

When we both make it to the area and onto the platform I feel my excitement starting to inch up my body. I thought I'd be more worried than excited but going up against such a strong quirk without one is thrilling.

"Ready...start!"

Immediately Todoroki-kun shoots ice towards me, just like he had done with Sero-kun. Since I knew it was coming and ice cannot curve or be manipulated once sent out I managed to get away.

"so cold." I shiver.

A small smile creeps onto my lips. I start making my way to Todoroki-kun dodging his ice. There were a few close calls but I got rather close to him. I knew though that if he managed to touch me he could spawn ice on my body not just the environment around us. That was something that would be tricky to handle.

The only solution I came up with for this battle was not to let him make a move against me once I got closer enough to fight him. I send attack after attack not letting up or giving him an opportunity to fight back. He was aware enough not to head towards the edge of the area when I was pushing him back so I couldn't push him off to get him out of bounds.

"Shoto!"

A sudden booming voice erupts through the arena and startles me. I slip on some of Todoroki-kun's ice but manage to get away from him before he could do anything to me but the whole situation pissed me off so much.

"bastard, it's rude to distract people from their battles." I mumble.

I hear him 'appealing' to Todoroki-kun to use his fire because the battle would be over much faster and that he should have no trouble fighting against someone from general studies. Todoroki-kun ignores him, like usual I guess. He looks at me with cold eyes but I notice his skin was sparkling a little.

"ice?" he could use his fire to off put the effects of the cold but he won't even use it for that. I ball my hands into fists. "you, you piss me off!"

Todoroki-kun seemed shocked by what I had said but I didn't give him any chance to think about it. I sprint towards him to engage in close combat once again.

If the battle ended up being an endurance battle there is a chance for me to win since Todoroki-kun isn't using his fire to warm his body. His ice is making him cold and his muscles will soon be starting to tense up and cause his movements to get sluggish. Finally the moment I had been waiting for came.

Todoroki-kun stumbled.

"Don't underestimate someone just because they are from the general course!" I say getting ready to throw a punch.

"Don't worry, I won't, not after you." Todoroki-kun says.

Ice shoots up infront of me but I grab a hold of it and use it to swing around to the other side where Todoroki-kun would be, blinded by his own technique. I tried to kick him and I almost hit him when it suddenly got bright and hot, but it was only for a moment. I jump back and grin. I had gotten him to use his fire. Todoroki-kun seemed shocked that he had used his fire, even if it was for a moment.