Chapter 11

Soon the day of the joint training arrived. I was nervous, not because of the fact that this was a test to determine if we were good enough to be transferred from general to hero but because of Kacchan. He would immediately reveal that I'm quirkless and I didn't know how the others in the hero course would react to that.

"you worried about what they will think about you being quirkless?" Shinso asks fixing his voice modifier. We were getting into our hero costumes that Aizawa-sensei got made for this test. Our costumes were similar with black pants and black shirts that have purple and green accents, utility belts and masks. Shinso's mask is black and was also a voice modifier mine was just a grey mask. I also had my retractable bo staff strapped to my right leg and had gloves on.

My capture gear, unlike Shinso's and Aizawa-sensei wasn't around my neck but around my wrists and had small weights on the end. We both wore black military boots as well. I had quirk nullifying cuffs attached to my utility belt, as well as medical supplies and nunchucks.

"of course, you accepted me and I'm happy about that but, the last time someone I was close to found out I am quirkless it didn't end well, I barely know these people, except Kacchan." I say.

"Kacchan?"

"Bakugo Katsuki, he was my childhood friend because our parents are friends." I explain.

"Was?"

"yes, until he found out I am quirkless." I say turning to face Shinso. He looked like he wanted to say something.

"you two ready?" Aizawa-sensei called out.

"Yes!" we quickly put our stuff away, double checked our costumes and closed the lockers we were using. We follow Aizawa-sensei out to where the other students were waiting.

"we've already explained what is happening but now we need to explain that you'll be joining them as well." he says. I take a deep breath to try and calm my nerves. "1A, 1B these two will also be joining you in this training, they will draw lots to join on a team from both class."

Everyone starts to talk among themselves.

"I'm Hitoshi Shinso, I'm going to do my best so I can become a hero." Shinso says. He turns to me and nods, encouraging me to introduce myself.

"I...I'm Izuku Midoriya, thank...thankyou for your understanding." I say bowing to them.

"FUCKING DEKU!" I wince at the loud voice immediately knowing who it is from.

"Bakugo-kun, do you know Midoriya-kun?" Uraraka-san asks.

"Do I know him, that fucker is quirkless, you're still chasing the idea of being a hero when you're quirkless." he says. I immediately look down to the floor and clamp my mouth shut. I could hear them all whispering about me being quirkless.

"yes, Midoriya is quirkless but I have been training both him and Shinso and I think he has earned his right to stand here before you and to have this chance." Aizawa-sensei says.

"wait, Bakugo why'd you call him Deku, his name is Midoriya." Todoroki-kun asks.

"it's a nickname he gave me when we were younger." I say happily.

"Midoriya doesn't Deku mean..." Shinso starts. When I turn to face him he understands immediately. He glares at Kacchan. Kacchan doesn't seem to notice, otherwise he'd try to make a scene out of it.

"Do you have a nickname for Bakugo-kun Midoriya-kun, is it embarrassing?" Uraraka-san asks.

"um, I'm not sure if I..." I starts saying when I hear the familiar sound of Kacchan's small explosions popping off in his hands.

"enough, let's start, Midoriya, Shinso, pull out a ball from these two boxes, one will be the group you'll join for 1A and the other will be the group you join for 1B." Aizawa-sensei explains holding a box. Vlad king-Sensei was also holding a box as well. Shinso and I draw a ball from each and our teams were determined. I had to battle against Kacchan and Shinso in the last two rounds but before that I had time to get to know my teammates and make a plan. My first battle would be with class 1B against 1A and Kacchan. I went over to my team.

"hi." I say happily.

"he...hello."

"I'm Izuku Midoriya, it's nice to meet you."

"I'm Kojiro Bondo."

"hey, I'm Yosetsu Awase."

"I'm setsuna tokage, nice to meet you Midoriya-kun!" Everyone had introduced themselves but for one from 1B. Setsuna-san jumps immediately into action.

"come on, introduce yourself, we need to get to know each other to make a plan." she says.

"tsk, Togaru Kamakiri."

"okay, quirks, mine is called Lizard Tail splitter, I can split my body into bits and control each one, I can split them up into as many as 50 pieces." Setsuna-san explains.

"m...mine is cemedine, I...I can spray fast drying glue, I can control how fast it dries." Kojiro-kun says.

"my quirk is called weld, I can fuse objects together but I need to be touching both objects for my quirk to work, my quick is effective against both organic and inorganic materials." Yosetsu-kun says.

"i can grow blades from any part of my body." Togaru-kun says.

"well, um, I'm quirkless so I cannot tell you any quirk specifics but I know martial arts and have been training with Aizawa-sensei for a while now, I am also really good at thinking fast and making plans, I am also good at analysing others and their quirks to determine their strengths and weaknesses but I need to have watched them fight for that." i explain.

"you seem to know Bakugo-kun." setsuna-san says.

"ah, yeah, Kacchan and I were childhood friends." i say.

"so you know him very well." she asks.

"y...yes."

"good, since we'll be going against him in our battle, any help would be great because he'll be the one to look out for." setsuna-san says.

"then let's start making a plan!" Yosetsu-kun says.

Soon the team battles started. Shinso was in the first battle against 1B.

Shinso uses his quirk and voice changer well in this battle and helps 1A win the first round. The second round was a close call because of both teams strategists being really good at making plans, the only problem was yaoyorozu-san was just that little bit slower with coming up with counter plans for the situations that they ended up in, ending with a win for 1B.

The next battle ended in a draw between the two classes. Todoroki-kun heated up the area so much using his fire the metal pipes in the area around them started to melt. I was happy he is now using his fire as well a his ice but naturally it seems he has more control over his ice side more than his fire. It makes sense since he rarely used his fire.

After that it was time for our battle against 1A. I was now starting to get nervous, I wasn't sure how well I'd be able to do and was worried about pulling the team down.

"Don't worry so much Midoriya-kun, worrying will lead to more mistakes than good, it's just a training session not life and death." Setsuna-san says. Hearing her try to cheer me up actually made me less worried and happy.

"thank you Setsuna-san, I'll do my best!" I say.

Setsuna-san believes that Kacchan will fly on ahead of his teammates because they know he isn't exactly a team player. I knew he never seemed like one but I know that if he wants to win he'd do anything and if he realises that playing teams will help him win then he'd probably do that as well. I wasn't sure if he would be willing to do that to win here, since I'm here.

"Setsuna-san, Kacchan might come after me, even if he is working with the other member of his team." I say.

"Why's that?" she asks.

"He...He always does." I say. I didn't really want to think about my time in middle school with Kacchan.

"okay, we'll keep that in mind." she says.

Then our battle starts.