Chapter 16

I notice Shinso was keeping his eye on me because I was avoiding most of my classmates, I was rarely talking to him as well. I was just sitting with him, in silence.
"what's going on with you?" he asks. He looked annoyed. It seemed he was finally sick of the silence and avoidance.
"mum told me a family secret, I don't really want to talk about it." I explain.
"but it is causing you to avoid everyone" he says.
"I...I don't know, I wish Mum kept it to herself." I say quietly. "it's making me hate myself."
"what kind of news could she have given you that would make you hate yourself?" Shinso asks.
"it's who my father is."
"your father isn't in the picture is he?" Shinso asks. I shake my head.
"He wasn't, Mum just told me who he is, he's different to the photos that Mum has and he left before I was born." I explain.
Aizawa-sensei walks into the classroom and everyone starts to get quite.
"I'll tell you at the dorms later." I quickly say before turing to face the front.

All day I was anxious Shinso was going to corner me to ask before we returned to our dorms but thankfully my worries were unfounded.

That was until we got to my room. I unlock my door and Shinso reaches past me and opens the door, pushing me inside and shutting it. He locks it so no one else can come in.

"explain." he says crossing his arms.

A tight knot jumps up into my throat at his tone and the thought of telling anyone but I said i'd tell him.

I take a deep breath and flex my fingers trying to gather courage.

I hear a sigh before strong hands grab my arms.

"Sit down first." Shinso grumbles moving me to sit on my bed.

He pulls my chair from under my study desk and sits Infront of me.

"it...it's about my dad." I mutter.

"you said that, what happened, did he come back from abroad or has he...passed?" Shinso asks.

"He's not dead, or abroad." I grumble. "he's...in prison."

"who...is he?" Shinso asks quietly.

"All for One." I whisper.

My room falls into silence with nothing but the wind outside my window and my clock ticking being heard.

I couldn't stand it.

"mum says he didn't know she was pregnant when he left to return to being a villain, she stopped contacting him and tried her best to keep out of his radar, she didn't want him to realise I am his kid because then I would be in danger but he knows, he knew she was pregnant and sent a message after I was born asking if I was his."

"did your mum know, that, that he was a villain?"

"not until just before he left, she cut off all contact when he disappeared."

I sneak a peak at Shinso and his expression was dark. I squeeze my hands together, the lump of fear growing in my throat.

My nose starts to sting and my chest begins to hurt.

I don't want Shinso to hate me...

"Shin...Shinso, you don't have me now right?" I ask meekly.

"What," Shinso startles "No, no, why would I hate you?!"

"be...because my dad is--"

"that doesn't matter," he quickly says, grabbing my hands and squeezing them tightly. "you can't control who your parents are and you're you, the most sacrificing hero ever, there's not a villainous bone in your body."

I try to give him a smile.

"thanks Shinso."

Three days after telling Shinso about who my Dad is I was on my way to my house to see mum when the world around me suddenly turns black.

Just as suddenly light returns and I find myself in a small shabby bar. I immediately recognise some villains associated with the LOV. The most prominent ones being Shigaraki, Dabi, Toga and Kurogiri.

"wha...why am I here!?" I ask.

"I heard something interesting from Master before the previous battle, before he got caught." Shigaraki starts and grin starts to form on his dry lips.

I watch as they pull, threatening to split.

"that you are Masters kid, so, how about you join us?" Shigaraki asks.

"Never," I hiss.

"too bad, you have many reasons to abandon the heroes, they treat you like shit just because you don't have a quirk and they treat you like you're going to break into a million little pieces." Shigaraki says.

His grin gets wider somehow.

I feel a shiver run down my spine and I shift back a little.

"I am sure being bullied your whole life also happened too, how could you want to help others when they would never bat an eye to help you?" he asks.

"a hero is meant to help those that need help." I say. "they wont leave someone to die because they are quirkless."

"they leave kids to die on the street." Shigaraki sneers. He motions to the others in the room before turning back to me. "we weren't helped, not by heroes, not by anyone."

"I...I will not join you but...I, as a hero, will help you." I say.

Shigaraki bursts out laughing and when he stops he leans closer to me and his grin fades a little.

"I'll let you go but only this once, you are masters son after all but," he starts, getting even closer and his smile leaving completely "the next time, I'll kill you."

He sits back and waves to Kurogiri who nods. He comes over to me and grabs my shoulder. I am suddenly transported back to where I was when they took me.

It was a lot darker now.

I run home.

I tell mum what had happened and she is instantly distraught and apologising.

"Mum, it's not your fault, you didn't know...dad would be a villain." I cringe at saying dad but, I now know I cannot deny it.

No matter how much I want to.

I can't change it.

I am All For One's son, and I will be a hero.

A quirkless hero!