Chapter 7 Katniss

I dedicate this chapter to the rest of the Seven and other amaZhang demigods. There are too many others to fit for this book. :3 :P

-----------------------------------------------------------

Grief and gloom are like monsters, ripping through me and consuming me. Peeta died. Somehow, I didn't see him coming around, and he hit him right in the heart. As much as I hated Peeta having to kill Tris, it's the games. Somehow people agreed to do this. It's me and Tobias. I bet he wants to stab me in the back right now. They killed her, he would think. And I'm not going to let them get away with it. I shudder at the thought. Killing someone is the last thing I want to do right now.
I'm running away from the scene, and judging by the sky, it's around midnight, absolutely no light at all.
I find a good tree to climb. It's sturdy-looking and very tall and wide. I start climbing, and thirst hits me like a bullet. I don't think I could go much longer without water. If only I had a spile, maybe there's water in these trees. They probably just have sap, though, no water.
I look around for signs of a lake or stream. It's time to get some water. I climb down and go the opposite way that I came from.
Thankfully, there's a lake just as I was about to fall over asleep. The sun starts to rise, and I drink a lot of water. I need sleep, no matter how late it is, unless I want to collapse in the middle of a fight with Tobias. That's calling death's name.
I climb up a nearby tree and settle for a while. It doesn't take a long time to fall asleep, despite what's going on.