Chapter 11 Katniss

I dedicate this chapter to Minho and Theresa because they are both amazing in their own ways. :P

-----------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I find signs of Tobias. I've searched yesterday with no signs. He keeps moving forward, so I can't catch him, otherwise I would've found him by now. I bet he'll stop at night, so I just keep following his trail.
At night, the signs stop, and I assume he's sleeping around here. I decide to sleep and wait for new signs.
In the morning, I wake up and wait in my tree, and finally, I hear him moving. He's as bad as Peeta with staying quiet and hiding his tracks. I climb down slowly, and he's almost out of view because I had to stay quiet.
Then, out of the corner of my eye, I see a mutt. It looks like a giant, drooling, man-eating chipmunk gone insane. It's big, about five times my height, and ugly, and it has an evil glare with bloodshot eyes. It has ragged fur and sharp teeth that are ready to shred me. I scream and run. I hear Tobias scream and uneven footsteps pounding behind me.
Since it's on it's own, I wonder if I can kill it with an arrow. While I'm running, I pull it out and aim it. I fire.
It finds a home and I watch it fall. I hope there will not be another.
When I realize it's not the last, I sprint, climb up a tree and hope Tobias doesn't make it but not so he dies too harsh of a death.
He stumbles and tries to climb up the tree. He looks up at me, and I actually get to look at him.
He's super skinny and slightly pale. His face shows his desperateness and pain of hunger and thirst. He looks like every movement causes pain. He must've had many problems with survival. He looks so bad like he could die in this tree right here, right now.
As if my thoughts control him, he wobbles. He faints, and he plummets down toward the monster. It attacks him and the cannon is so hard to hear it's like a cat scratching faintly on your door in the middle of a conversation.
The monster seemed to be summoned from a far away source, and I was alone in the tree.
I won. I defeated Tobias and Tris.
And Peeta died.
I survived another games.