Chapter 4: Jealousy and Anger

A beautiful woman wearing an ankle length ivory ruffled dress entered the school campus. As usual, Elisse is wearing flats since she can't wear heels because she's pregnant. She has this glow that even the people hating her couldn't ignore. Her pregnancy made her more beautiful. Right now, Elisse is making her way to the principal's office because she was asked to go there yesterday.

"Good morning, Mrs. Dalton!". She greeted the school's principal with a bright smile on her face the moment she entered the room.

"Good morning, pretty lady!". The principal, Nerissa Dalton, greeted Elisse with the same enthusiasm.

"Have a seat and then we'll start". She added.

"Okay. You're one of our school's best student. Having such intelligent student like you studying here in our school is such an honor". Principal Dalton started speaking.

"So, every member of our team agreed to give you a job here in our school after you give birth to your precious baby. You need to help students that are struggling academically by tutoring them, but only during school hours. Either during recess time or lunch time. But if you get quite busy, you can tutor them after class or through online".

"The school is willing to pay $23 dollars per hour. Plus, the school is also giving you the permission to bring your baby once she's born and whenever you're ready".

No words can express how grateful and happy Elisse is after hearing the principal's words. The job they offered is something she can never say no to. It will definitely help her a lot.

After settling down everything and thanking the principal for the things she offered Elisse, she excited the room with a bright smile plastered on her face. Hearing what she was told is really a good news. Her parents will definitely be happy once she mentions this good news to them.

Yesterday, her parents wasn't exactly the happiest person when they saw the bruise on her right cheek that Jungkook gave. Her father wanted to have a word with Jungkook about the way he's treating his daughter but Elisse convinced him not to because it'll only make the situation worse.

"Good morning, pretty lady". Jimin greeted Elisse with a hug that she didn't reject.

And just like any other he handed her a paper bag full of her favourites, "Freshly picked blueberries from my garden just for you". He said.

"I also bought cream cheese and plain yogurt because I heard from Hwari that those two has been recently added to your cravings". Jimin added.

To be honest, Jimin has always been the sweetest from the start. No matter how many times Elisse tried pushing him away and hurting him using her words, Jimin didn't gave up, and she low-key admires him for that.

Her eyes started watering, alarming Jimin and making him curious if he did or said something wrong. He immediately embrace her in his arms, as tears started flowing down her face.

"I don't get why you're still here by my side, but thank you so much. No words can explain how grateful I really am". Elisse said.

"I'm here with you and that's by choice". He told her.

"Stop crying, pretty woman. Tears don't suit your eyes". Jimin started wiping her tears off using his thumb.

-

After hours of listening to endless school discussions, It's now time for their break. Elisse is coming to the cafeteria with her best friend Hwari to get some food for them to savour. There's a sport competition tomorrow and it's gonna be their school against nine other more on different categories. But most are looking forward on the basketball game. Ralston Academy's basketball team is called Black R Mamba.

Elisse won't be there for Jungkook anymore, she's gonna be there to show support for Jimin. She doesn't feel that welcomed in this school because she's seen as the bad one in their complicated story, but she's starting to get used to it. There's nothing she can do about it even if she tries her best to change the way she's seen by everybody. It won't work, so why bother trying?

"Jimin likes coffee, let's go get him one". Elisse said and ordered an iced americano.

When they finished getting every food they needed, they made their way to the basketball court where many are already there watching the school's team practicing for tomorrow's competition.

Hwari saw a perfect spot for them to sit on and it's far away from everybody else. Elisse has a huge baby bump, Hwari cling their arms together so she could support and help her best friend walk.

The pregnant lady started eating the food Jimin gave him. Blueberries is her everything. She likes it so much that she feels herself getting weak whenever she can't eat it for a whole day. Elisse got a spoonful of plain yogurt, added three blueberries, and put it into her mouth.

"Have you thought of your baby girl's name?". Hwari questioned while eating her food.

"I have a lot of names in my mind. But I'm choosing between two, and I can't seem to pick one". Elisse answered.

"Tell me". Hwari happily said.

"I'm choosing between the name Jelisse and Haven". She replied to her.

"I think Haven would be a good name for your baby girl". Hwari told her opinion.

"I think so too". Elisse answered with a smile.

The coach blew the whistle, it is now the player's break from practice. Elisse saw Jimin looking for someone, and she knew he is looking for her so she started waving her hands to be noticed by him. When Jimin finally saw Elisse, he immediately ran his way towards her.

"You did great". Elisse spoke while coming towards Jimin to embrace him in her arms.

"Don't hug me, I'm sweaty". Jimin said but Elisse didn't listen and did what she wanted to. He could only hug her back as a result.

"As if that would hurt me and the baby". She chuckled.

Elisse took the towel from Jimin's hand and started wiping the sweats off his face and neck. "Do you want me to put the towel on your back?". She asked.

"Yes, please". Jimin said.

After she put the towel on his back, Jimin held her hand and walk towards where Hwari is at. From a far, Jungkook could be seen watching the two of them, jealousy and anger is visible in his eyes. This is the first time he saw Elisse approach Jimin in such way, she used to reject him all the time and it would please Jungkook every time because it clearly shows that Elisse is still hanging onto their complicated relationship. But after seeing what happened just now, he feels threathen. Is Elisse finally moving on from him?

TO BE CONTINUED...