60

The days were passing quickly. The exams were closer. Lily started spending all her days in Library. Remus too, spent most of his time in Library. Because of Lily, James too spent his time in Library, trying to make her take some break. Seeing James, Peter and Sirius too spent their time in Library. Remus and Lily helped Peter, while James and Sirius played wizarding chess, too bored to study.

"Knight to E5" James spoke smirking. "King to E5" Sirius spoke grinning at James.

"You have already lost 20 times mate, how many more times do you want to play" Sirius asked seeing James do another mistake.

"Till the time I win."

Mary and Marlene too, took a break from their teachings. They both were sitting beside James and Sirius, watching their game. "Hey Mary, do you have anything to do that Dumbledore told you?" Sirius asked out of nowhere.

Mary's eyes widened a bit and she froze momentarily, which went unnoticed by Sirius as he was staring at the chess pieces intently.

"Yes- no" Mary corrected herself.

Sirius raised his brow in question.

"Ok yes, I have a thing I have to do, and so has Mar"

Marlene kicked Mary under the table but she ignored her.

"What is it, then?" Sirius asked, his attention full on Marlene. The other sitting around them were listening too, and Remus was as curious about their job as Sirius.

Half an hour later, they were kicked out of the library, because 1) Sirius whined loudly that he was breaking up with James for not telling him anything, and 2) Remus was so lost in enjoying the show in front of him, that he forgot that they were in library and food was banned in there.

The moment, Remus removed the chocolate bar from his bag, it mad cricking noises, alerting the librarian.

At the moment, all the 7 people were running out of the library. Sirius and Remus in the very front, Lily just behind them, trying to catch them. James behind Lily, because he didn't want to miss the show when Lily would finally catch them, and Peter, Mary and Marlene at the very last, not able to run because they were laughing their arses off.

All of them reached the Black Lake, finally stopping under a tree nearby to catch their breath.

"You idiot...Why did you have to eat a chocolate in there?" Lily said laughing, while trying to catch her breath.

Remus shrugged innocently. "You can't not eat snacks when there is a show going on" Remus said, continuing to eat his chocolate.

All of them sat down under the tree in a circle.

"Alright people, know we all know that each on here has a job given by Dumbledore. This year, we all had our secrets, and that almost led into a fight. We don't want that, at least not when that basterd is on lose. So speak up, right now. And Potter, don't even try to deny this" Marlene spoke up looking James in the eye.

"Alright, but I will go last" James spoke up, giving in.

Remus sat tense in his seat, looking at everyone wide-eyed. Mary and Marlene did not know of him being a werewolf. How was he going to tell them that he was trying to track down werewolves?

"Alright, I'll go first" Sirius piped and everyone looked at him expectantly.

"Dumbledore needs as many people on our side as possible. I don't know why he particularly chose my brother, as he is a lost cause, but Dumbledore asked me to talk to my brother and I did. I tried and failed miserably to bring him to our side. But in the end, it's his choice. Now my work is done and he has asked me to help you guys whenever possible. And I did help Lils" Sirius tried to speak nonchalantly about his brother, but some emotions were clearly visible n his face.