14

The days passed quicker than the blink of an eye. The school was working smoothly, except the occasional interruption caused by Rita Skeeter through the daily prophet, or watching students bully Harry about putting his name for the tournament.

Though Fred, George and Lee believed him that it wasn't he, who put his name in for the tournament, they were enjoying the fight between the Golden trio and others too much, to stop it.

The days were passing quickly and the first task of the tournament was approaching. The school filled out towards the Quidditch Pitch for the first task, which was to fight a Dragon to retrieve a golden egg, which was the clue for the next task.

All the champions, including Harry, passed the task with flying colours. Harry flew on his broom, Cedric turned one of the rock into a dog by a Transfiguration charm, Fleur put the dragon to sleep with a sleeping charm, while, krum blinded his dragon by a curse.

A party was held by the Gryffindors for Harry. Everyone enjoyed it. But the trio enjoyed it the most, as they added their products to the toffees brought from the kitchens.

The next few days passed in blur. The trio didn't plan for any pranks, as their owls were approaching, and they wanted to pass it. Though, an unexpected task fell upon everyone at the school. The Yule Ball. The ball was going to be on Christmas, and everyone had to find partners.

Fred asked Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor while George went with Alica Spinett. Lee went alone.
The Yule ball was enjoyed by everyone. First, the Weird Sisters played some of the famous songs including dancing like a hippogriff. Then, the champions opened the slow dance, followed by a boy named Neville and Ginny. After, the professors joined too.

All in all, the night was spent, full of enjoyment.

The next day was a holiday. Fred, George and Lee hung out with Harry, ron and Hermione. Harry was becoming irritated because everyone was bullying him. To add the tension, Hermione was pestering him for searching the clue, which he had avoided perfectly, till ron spiller it to Hermione. The trio were watching them amusingly. As they made their way out, on the grounds, they saw Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle sitting near a tree. Malfoy had an arrogant smirk, while the other two were laughing their heads off.

"Why so tense Potter?" Malfoy said, getting down from the tree.
"My father and I have a bet, you see. I think you won't last 10 minutes in the next task. He disagrees. He thinks you won't last 5"
Hermione and Ron gave him a scathing look, while the older trio watched him with calculating looks, ready to strike any moment.
Harry's face was red with anger

"I don't give a damn, what your father thinks, Malfoy. He's veil, and cruel. And your just pathetic."

Malfoy's face turned slightly with embarrassment. But he quickly masked it with anger and disgust.
"You know, what Potter? I think we both will loose the bet. I dont even think you will be able to live through this tournament. I would like to see the Mudbloods and the blood-traitors look when you die" he said angrily.

At this, everyone's wands was out, pointing at the three Slytherin's. But just as they were going to fire spells at them, a low sneering voice was heard from behind. "Tsk...tsk...tsk... So many people taking upon three harmless Slytherin's. Do you all not know that magic outside the classroom is forbidden in the school?" Snape asked, sneering at the six Gryffindors. "60 points from Gryffindor." Snape said, as the smirk on Slytherin's faces widened. "But professor...." Hermione started hurriedly. "Not a word, ms.granger. Return to your dormetries immediately." He ordered. The six Gryffindors glared at him, but followed his orders nothenless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok I know that the why so tense Potter scene was before the 1st task.
But....
Yeah. So no comments on that plz