68

SORRY FOR LATE UPDATE....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sirius woke up to a screeching sound from the room beside his own. Rubbing his eyes with his fist, he turned around to face the wall separating his and James' room. Scrunching up his face, he sighed once before screaming "For Merlin's Potter, keep your voice down, people are sleeping, you know?" Sirius screamed before going under the sheets once again.

"Then people should wake up seeing it is morning of a very nice day" James screamed again.

"I swear to Merlin if you boys do not shut up this instant, I am throwing you out of the house" Mrs. Potter screamed from the kitchen.

Sirius sniggered despite his grumpiness. Just as Sirius walked out of his room, he saw James coming out from his own. And looking at James, Sirius could easily tell that James was terrified. Despite the happy screaming or laughing, the caution behind James' eyes was clearly visible.

Not saying anything, Sirius put his hand around James' shoulder and they both walked down the stairs. Mr. Potter was already sitting at the table. His pyjamas completely wrinkled, his jet black hair sticking out in all direction, and his thick glasses askew on his nose as he read the news paper.

Mrs Potter on the other hand was completely dressed. Her fiery red hair perfectly combed and fell on her shoulder, and her thick woolen sweater was giving out warmth. "C'mon, have your breakfast and then you boys can go to Diagon Alley." Mrs. Potter instructed as she set the plates.

After a quite breakfast, the boys walked to their rooms for a quick change.

James entered his room quickly. The task was dangerous, and he knew it. Even though he knew how to perform a good shield charm, the chances of him being attacked were still there, and he didn't want any casualties.

Taking out his trunk from under the bed, James emptied its contents on the bed. Under everything was the objects the Weasley twins had given them. Taking out all the items from their shop, he took out the protection gloves, hat and cloak. Shrinking them, he kept them in his pockets and exited the room.

The two best friends walked in the living room. Mr. and Mrs. Potter were standing near the fire place, waiting for them. Mrs. Potter had the pot of flew powder in her hands. "We believe that his right now, is the safest to mode of travel" Mr. Potter explained to the boys.

Shrugging, James entered the fireplace. Taking the powder, he threw it before saying 'Diagon Ally' clearly. Instantly, the green fire lit up and engulfed him. The next moment, James was gone. Sirius followed the steps, and the next moment found himself in Leaky Cauldron.

Looking around, he found James sitting near the bar, chatting with Tom the bartender casually. Sighting Sirius, he ordered two butter beers.

Sirius took a seat beside James as they waited for their order. "So what's the plan?" Sirius started hopefully "Anything I can do to help?" Sirius asked looking at James.

"Nah...everything is under control. I have a feeling that I might succeed. And even though you don't know it yet, you have already helped me. I will explain how afterwards. Otherwise, we will buy all the books right now, take a bit of stroll around the Alley, and then I will leave for my task, while you wait at Florean's ice cream shop." James said leaving no space for argument.

Tom placed two bottles of butter beer in front of James and Sirius. Drinking their drinks, they talked about the latest Quidditch broom, which was soon to come out.

After the drinks, the two best friends left the pub to do their further shopping. They did not have much time to do all the shopping. So, buying new robes and the necessary material for potions, they walked to the ice cream shop.