70

As James wished, the days passed quickly. All the day, the two boys would play quidditch, wizarding chess, exploding snaps or some other game. Some time, they both studied and others kept sending letters to all of their friends.

Finally the day before the school arrived. James and Sirius had packed their bags the previous day, so there was no tension.

"Mum, we are going to diagon ally. Will be back by 1pm. Love you" James called out before entering the floo. Sirius was already on the other side, waiting for James.

As soon as Sirius felt James land and step out of the fire place, Sirius turned his head 90 degree and looking at James muttered "I am coming with you this time"

"What?" James asked distractedly.

"I am going to be with you this time when you talk to my cousine" Sirius repeated joyfully.

"No. No way" James shook his head.

"Come on, Potter, I know you carry your cloak with you all the time. I will stay under that all the time." Sirius said.

James contemplated the chances. If Sirius really stayed under the cloak, there would be no problem. The exchange should go smoothly.

"Alright, but I don't want a single sound. The deal is yet to happen. So you cannot do anything till she is gone from our sight" James retorted looking at Sirius gravely.

The two of them walked towards Diagon Ally without saying a word.

Outside the shop door, James took out his invisibility cloak and handed it to Sirius.

Instead of pulling on the cloak, Sirius held it in his hands and played with it while walking inside the already opened door.

Lookin at the smooth cloak, Sirius walked forward and after a few steps, bumped into James' back. "What the hell, Prongs? Walk ahead" Sirius muttered rubbing his head.

Finally looking up, he too, froze in the place like James had done moments before.

The scene before him was unbelievable. It was just. Not. Believable.

Sirus would have digested the fact if Lord Voldemort was sitting in front of him. But seeing his snobby pure blood cousine talking to the blood-traitor cousine was somehow not digestible to Sirius.

There was a small grin on Andromeda Tonks Née Black's face and a small smile of contentment was present on Narcissa Malfoy Née Black's face.

The two sisters sat beside each other talking as if nothing had happened between them.

"Siri" Andromeda gushed happily and engulfed Sirius in a tight hug. Though frozen at first, Sirius hugged his favourite cousine back tightly.

"How are you, Andy? And how's Ted and baby dora?" Sirius asked his grin widening, both of them completely ignoring James and Narcissa.

"Oh they are wonderful. Dora is not able to change her face" Andromeda answered proudly.

"Sirius" Narcissa greeted curtly nodding at him once. "James" Narcissa added looking at James.

Both the boys' jaws dropped hearing Narcissa call them by their first name.
Recovering quickly, James nodded back "Narcissa, Andromeda"

"James. How are you? And what happened to Lily?" Andromeda asked looking at James with a small teasing grin. She obviously knew about James and Lily through the letters Sirius sent her.

"Oh all good" James replied with a dreamy grin. Andromeda's grin only widened at his reaction.

"Anyways" James continued shaking his head. "I am sorry for the intrusion" James said pointedly looking at Sirius.

"So am I" Narcissa replied looking at Andromeda.

"The object, then" James said raising his hand to collect the desired object.

"Of course" Narcissa replied taking out the diary and handing it to James.
"Not a single word to anyone, Potter" Narcissa warned coldly.

"Cissi" Andromeda hissed at Narcissa.

"Alright. Not a word to anyone, JAMES. Happy?" Narcissa asked looking at Andromeda pointedly even though there was a small smile on her face.

"Very" Andromeda replied smiling sweetly.

"Anyways. Thanks for your help. A lot. And I won't tell this to anyone. We'll take your leave now so you two sisters can talk properly again. Good day, Narcissa, Andromeda" James said bowing to the ladies and dragging Sirius out of the shop.

"Bye Andy, write soon. Good day Narcissa" Sirius added as an afterthought as the two boys exited.

The two walked quitely towards the Leaky Cauldron and into the fireplace. Flooing to the Potter Mannor, they saw Mr. And Mrs. Potter talking to someone in the doorway.

Walking near the door, Sirius' face paled as he saw who was on the other side.

"I will not let MY son enter your house ever again. So unless you want to die right now, I suggest you leave immediately" Mrs. Potter screeched at Mrs. Black.

"He will leave you. Just like he left us. You wait. You can never trust that Mudblood." Mrs. Black screeched in return.

"You will not use such language in my house" Mr. Potter boomed, raising his wand arm.

James walked a bit further to see the people standing outside, while Sirius stayed glued to his place. Thankfully, they hadn't noticed the boys yet.

As James walked a bit further, he saw the younger of the Black siblings standing quitely behind his mother. He had a bored expression on his face along with a small smirk.

No one but him had noticed James, and James was thankful for that. James smirked back at Regulus just before he saw a hand landing on the boys shoulder, and the next moment the boy disappeared along with his mother.

"What a bitch" James heard his father mutter and he snickered to himself, alerting the Potter's of their presence.

Mrs. Potter turned around sharply, her arm raised and her sharp eyes on James. "How long have you been here?" She asked lowering her arm.

"Not much time. Anyways we will be in our room" James said before they could get chance to question him or Sirius.

Entering his room, he closed the door behind him. "You ok, mate?" James asked Sirius cautiously.

Sirius didn't answer at first, in some kind of a haze. But then suddenly looked up at James "yeah" Sirius answered confidently. "Yeah, I am perfectly fine" Sirius added.

"Ok" James started after a pause. "Another Black on the team now. First it was Sirius, the one blasted from the family tree, then it was Andromeda, the pure blood wife of Muggle born. Then it was the obedient son, still on the family tree, and now the bitch cousine with a moronic husband. The teams real great, ain't it?"

Sirius snorted in response. "Imagine Reggie getting blasted of the wall" Sirius said looking nowhere in particular with false hope.

After a second of pause James shook his head "sorry, mate. I am somehow not able to imagine that" James said with false sympathy.

Looking at each other, both of them bursted out laughing. Maybe they really needed a good laugh, because after that, both Sirius and James played chess while a parent each helped them. And of course, Sirius and Mrs. Potter won against James and Mr. Potter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~