Assault

Disclaimer:Its by girlgladeronline on tumblr.

Warning:Almost rape,like sorta rape but not really.

You swung the axe viciously into the tree, triumphantly smirking as it fell to the ground.

"Wow, I'm scared now." A familiar voice rung out behind you.

"Weren't you always?" You grinned, turning around to face Newt, your best friend.

"Not as scared as Minho, he almost klunked himself when you came out of the box." He chuckled, making you laugh too.

It was true. When you had come out of the box Alby had jumped in to help you but you were so angry and scared you slapped his face, earning eternal respect from the other Gladers. I mean, who else slaps the leader of the glade?

You were now however friends with Alby and couldn't stop apologising, it drove him mental. Newt in particular seemed interested in you, however you didn't know this although it was a common fact amongst the other gladers. They teased him for it but daren't tell you, scared of Newt's reaction and your answer. Mostly all of them admired you, but Newt stood out somehow.

He smiled and waved every morning and night from across the homestead, he spent the day cracking jokes with you out in the gardens and he and Chuck guarded the showers every time you went in to stop the other shanks getting in. He was by far the nicest person to you from what he did, no one else went to as much bother to see you smile.

You liked him too, obviously, but it was one of the rules of the glade, no one was allowed to be together with you. So instead you both just spent every minute of the day wishing you could be together without the other knowing it.

"Well Minho's just a big wuss then," you smiled, "I'm not that scary around you guys!"

"Sure you're not," he grinned, going back to chopping his own tree. The thing between you two was that you were such good friends that the silence between you wasn't even awkward, it was friendly, relaxing. As you turned you thought about how it would be if you were together, waking up to something different each day.

Not that your relationship as friends wasn't enough, but you sometimes found yourself daydreaming about him or randomly staring at him. And although you didn't know it, he did the same. You resisted the urge to look at him again.

Later that day you and Newt were sat together in Frypan's kitchen, you snorting into your mushroom soup as Newt cracked yet another joke. They weren't even proper jokes, just a load of funny stuff really that made you laugh.

"So then, I walk through the door and Minho's looking at me like I'm the fool!" He said, barely holding in a laugh himself. You were laughing so hard your sides hurt and you couldn't breathe.

"I can't breathe!" You giggled.

"We don't need CPR, do we?" He grinned.

"Stop it, that's not helping!" You laughed.

"Alright, time for desperate measures!" He grinned and started tickling you all over making you shriek in laughter.

"Stop it! Stop it you shank!" You squealed.

"Not until you declare me supreme master of the universe!" He demanded, smiling an adorable smile that lit up his face.

"Ok! Ok!" You screeched with laughter. "Just stop!" He did and left you gasping for breath on the bench. By now half the kitchen was laughing with you, except one kid. The greenie. He didn't understand the ways of the glade, and didn't know all the rules yet. He saw you, and of course his hormones kicked in.