Griever

Disclaimer:Not mine! Its from @bloodrednewt, please go check out her tumblr.

>>>

It had been almost a full night since the doors to the maze closed, I'd only seen a few Grievers but nothing I couldn't slip away from.

I was about to dash around a corner, leading me to doors back to the Glade when the familiar sounds of a Griever filled the air.

Hoping I was fast enough to get to the Glade and the timing would be just right, I took a surprise turn down another corridor of the seemingly never ending maze.

There was no way I would bring that thing anywhere near the people I love.
I did my best to loop around and cut through while avoiding the Griever, which I did well.

I heard the sound of the doors opening, and ran down the stretch to get to the Glade.

Unfortunately that didn't happen, a Griever gained on me and took me down.

I felt the sting and the last thing I heard was the sound of Newt screaming my name.

-

I awoke to the sound of Newt whispering to others.

"Why isn't she awake? You said she'd be awake."

"Newt, It's unpredictable. I'm sorry but you'll have to wait."

I took this as my time to speak up.
"Newt.." I whispered, my voice a lot weaker than I expected.

I heard the others file out of the room.

"Y/n how do you feel?" Newt asked, wiping away the tears he didn't want me to know had fallen.

"Should I be asking you that?" I laughed lightly, wincing after.

"Y/n, I was so scared. I didn't want to leave you but they made me wait outside, your screams were unbearable to hear-"

Newt tried to continue but the watery eyes told me he didn't want to relive it, I grabbed his hand in mine and rubbed his knuckles with my thumb.

"I'm okay now, I feel a lot better with you being here." I said with a smile.

"I love you." Before I could reply Newt closed the space between our lips, both of us forgetting about the previous events.