two: hey

┌────── ❀ ──────┐BIRDIE WRIGHT└────── ❀ ──────┘

┌────── ──────┐
BIRDIE WRIGHT
└────── ──────┘

HEY
▬▬▬▬
TWO WEEKS LATER

SHE COULD feel the butterflies biting the skin of her stomach, so hard it was making her feel ill, and the taste of bile on the back of her tongue wasn't pleasant at all. She questioned herself if she needed to rush to a bathroom just in case she vomited in the middle of the airport, all eyes would be staring at her with disgusted looks, only making her neck and cheeks burn a dangerous crimson shade.

The airport smelt stale as usual as she made her way through what felt like thousands of people. How could there be so many people in one place all at once? It was blowing her mind at how many people were actually here; conversing with one another; talking to people they never met, telling them where they are travelling to or have travelled from. She couldn't pay enough attention to where she was going, getting lost in an airport.

After what felt like an eternity, she finally managed to get to the waiting area, her two large bags over her shoulders as her light green eyes scanned the people around her, sitting and waiting patiently, or had their knees bouncing in front of them, as they looked around in search of someone. Soon, a wide, relieved smile spread across her lips when she saw Julianne waving her over with a piece of cupboard in her hand. Birdie's name was written on it in thick black sharpie. Rushing over, they greeted each other. Julianne looked beautiful, her flaming red hair was down in soft waves, not a single hair out of place. Birdie was surprised when she noticed her eye colour was a darker green than her own, and both of them standing at 5'7. Birdie's smile grew a little bigger meeting another tall female to share struggles and benefits with. Tyler found ways to climb things to get what she wanted, and Kingsley opted for a stepping stool when they couldn't reach anything — Birdie didn't have those struggles.

"How was your flight?" Julianne questioned, her lips were covered in a bold deep red colour — it matched her red hair. The nerves in her stomach seemed to disappear in seconds, Julianne's aura radiating warmth and friendliness, making Birdie feel welcomed and taken care of. Compared to five seconds ago where she felt blindfolded in a room, and told to find her way out with Legos and sharp pointy things and an abundance of toys littered on the floor.

"Okay, just loud kids and back of the seat kicking," Birdie chuckled out awkwardly, brushing a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear, and adjusting one of her bags on her shoulder. It was starting to get heavy. "Other than that, it was enjoyable."

Julianne nodded with a professional smile, making the tops of her freckled cheek firmer and look more fuller.
"That's good," she said. "Have you eaten yet?" she asked as they began to walk out of the airport, brushing past those rushing into the airport — probably late for their flight. Julianne threw the cardboard sign in a nearby trash bin they passed on the way out.