three: video chat

┌────── ❀ ──────┐BIRDIE WRIGHT└────── ❀ ──────┘

┌────── ──────┐
BIRDIE WRIGHT
└────── ──────┘

VIDEO CHAT

JUST THE smell of the green tea she stirred was enough to relax her muscles, the stream kissing her face in soft warm caresses. Tapping the spoon against the edge of the teacup, she placed it in the small sink to clean later, the sound of metal hitting metal reverberated throughout the hotel room. She made sure to buy some tea from a nearby grocery earlier today during the afternoon, grateful the hotel had a small kitchen area with a kettle, microwave, and a small fridge — it'll make it easier for her to save her leftover takeout.

Picking up her cup, she walked into the bedroom, placing it on the bedside table before getting into the bed, the covers soft and felt like a warm hug against the soft skin of her long legs. Birdie looked toward the large window, noticing how dark it was outside, the only light coming from the street below and the other buildings surrounding the area. It didn't beat her New York City apartment, though, the view was more magical, yet had a comforting loudness. She looked away from the window, deciding to grab her laptop next to her on the queen size bed, placing it on her lap and opening it. She typed in her password and figured she could write something for her blog, telling the many people about her new career opportunity, and talk about her emotions and how much she wanted to barf in the airport before meeting Julianne. It would be a good blog to share, hoping someone would chuckle at her life and make their day; or if someone was in a similar situation, make them not feel so alone like she had.

However, an incoming call popped on her screen with Kingsley's name on it. She could have a video chat with her best friend, and catch up with them, seeing how they've been doing lately.

Accepting Kingsley's call, their face popped up with a smile on their big plump lips smeared with gloss, making them look luscious, their pearly whites showing. Kingsley's feminine features were so gorgeous, sharp by the jaw and soft by their cheeks as the light of the sun defined them — the sun was definitely favoriting those with dark skin. Their grey eyes popping in the Australian daylight, especially with those thick lashes. Kingsley's makeup always made them look effortlessly beautiful, even though it looked like they didn't put much makeup on today. Apart from some highlights on their cheeks and some blush, and dark eyeshadow making their grey eyes pop even more. Kingsley's thick dark hair was still in their favourite hairstyle, braided into box braids and framing their face.

"I miss you," Kingsley said, their Australian accent so clear through her laptop's speaker, pouting their bottom lip, their grey eyes softening.

"I miss you, too," Birdie pouted back, her voice light and soft to the ears. She really missed Kingsley, just wanting to hug them so tightly. "What time is it there in Melbourne?"

Their grey eyes moved off screen a bit before looking back. "Like two in the afternoon, I'm just on lunch break at this nice café," they said, lifting the screen above their head and showing Birdie the tables and chairs occupied behind them in the outside area. The café had a very beige and wood aesthetic going, some long flowing plants hanging over the open entrances. Kingsley brought the screen back to their face. It looked peaceful and Instagram worthy, like you could sit in there and get three weeks worth of work done in four hours. "Wish you could visit."