seven: writer's block

┌────── ❀ ──────┐BIRDIE WRIGHT└────── ❀ ──────┘

┌────── ──────┐
BIRDIE WRIGHT
└────── ──────┘

WRITER'S BLOCK

UNLIKELY MEETING

A lot has happened since the last time I posted here, in my absence I apologise for being away for so long without anything as much as an update on my health–physically and mentally. In the past few weeks I feel like I've grown as a person and had some sort of realisation on what I really want in life...something I'm not even sure I can have. However I just wanted to come back and write about someone that has been taking over my thoughts without even trying, and I hate him for that...

I remember the exact day we first met: July 7th, 2026.

    I didn't expect to meet you that day–or even at all. I was just visiting a friend for a week, and she suggested we go out to celebrate my getting an internship and her scoring the winning goal (like always).

    I can recall how beautiful your smile was that night when you had asked me to dance. I'd felt like I was on clouds and it was just you and me, our bodies so close you gave me goosebumps on my skin and butterflies in my stomach. And honestly, it was like it was yesterday–I wished it lasted longer. I wished I told Tyler to fuck off so I could have your hands on my waist, listen to your heavy breathing from how long we were dancing for. I wished that moment was recorded so I could watch it over and over again, see myself smile in your arms and feel comfortable.

You make me feel comfortable.

And then I was torn away by my friend, I honestly believed we were never going to meet again. Even if we never saw each other again I'd allow myself to fall into a clouded mind fog of daydreams and old memories. However, two weeks later I saw you again, it was an unlikely meeting that could've never happened. Alas, it did. Something deep inside me kept whispering into the back of my mind, saying: "It's fate. It's fate. It's fate."

I don't know how true that is, though, but I'm going to trust their word and believe it was truly and utterly fate, one hundred and ten percent. Every moment we spend together at our internship feels like we're old friends from eons ago, rekindling our friendship and creating new memories we can laugh about in the future.

Reed, since the day I met you, there's been nothing but happiness and laughter, and even though I may act disinterested in you trying to grab my attention, I assure you it's only because I know if you saw me react your ego will triple. I hope once we find out who will continue working with Chicago Fox News, that we remain close to each other—some random texts here and there, late night calls, maybe even FaceTime? I don't want this to end...

I suppose this post is me confessing my feelings to a few hundred random people but you.

Maybe, just maybe I want to keep you for myself and have you by my side every step of the way.

BIRDIE WRIGHT

Birdie sighed as she typed the last word, she couldn't help but blush at what she had just written, feeling the rising heat creeping up her neck. She really just wrote that? After so long of having writer's block, she finally wrote something she was buoyant with and didn't feel like holding her index finger on the backspace button.

    Just before bed, she decided to share it on her blog. Her stomach ruptured with unusual tummy rumbles and exploding butterflies.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Word Count: 600+

So freaking sorry it's been a while lot of months since my last update, but hopefully I can keep it up. No promises.

Hang out with me on instagram
(@dylancrownwrites)

— DYLAN.