❖| 𝓦𝓮 𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓷𝓮𝓭|❖

The sun is no longer blazing its best

The sun is no longer blazing its best. Cold wind has blanketed The City Of New York. And so has my heart.

Its been three days I have been discharged from the hospital after being informed that I was out for three whole goddamn months. Did it do any better. No. Vulnerability was a trait I never was too fond of and now after being separated from every one lives, its feel like a void settling in my life.

Something feels empty. I don't feel whole. No more. My instinct have been triggering since my release. Its like the shootout took some part of me away.

My husband eyes no longer shine with glory, its idle. He is colder than before, fury and hatred swimming in his majestic forest eyes.

Laying down in his chest, his heart still beats but just for formality.

" Who Ah- Who shot me Chris?" I glanced up to his face to notice his eyes fixed in the ceiling. Silence surrounding with just our breathing making thumps.

" I took care of it." His husky voice informed without making any eye contact.

" Who was it?"

After my persuasion he looked down and met my eyes. Reading me like a book worm will to its Hamlet. But yet not mirroring any emotions of his own.

" Old enemies. They were after my seat. Have been for a decade now. But ere silent till that day." He confessed. " You died. Right in the table of the OR. The monitor went flat line. That was the first time I felt so powerless." He continued.

I reached my palm and cupped is cheek and peppered some kisses in his face. My own eyes forming glossy. Dread. The first emotion he is reflecting in his eyes, mixed with guilt?

Why guilt?

"Alessia was a mess. Your father broke down. My mom was filled with guilt. Marco couldn't even stay in the same room with me. Every one was perceiving your pain, dreading your loss, praying your health, supporting your life." He said.

" And what about you?" I raised an eyebrow, curious about how he was dealing about.

" Lets just say the doctors wished you weren't the patient."

Laughter erupt from my throat but soon died down when a pain shot thru my nerves.

That night I slept in the warmth of my husband. Safe, Protected yet Empty.

______________

" I don't need a babysitter." I argued to my dashing looking husband. Lusting over his gorgeous plump ass. Its been too long.

I was arguing because the almighty Christopher informed me that my sisters and his cousin are coming over to looked over me. What am I, a seven year old. who couldn't even look her own door.

" They are not babysitter. They just wanna spend time with you." He said. Guilt tripping. Wow this man.

And that's how I am now sitting between my sisters discussing over what I missed over this months. I was surprised to see Eden present here.

" Haven't you been here before?" Percy ask Eden. Eden has been eyeing every corner of the house.

" No. I mean! Yes, but he has so many houses. We used to spend our time in his sky scrapping penthouse." She said making dreamy eyes making a bile rise in my throat.

" He is married to our own sister. Stop lusting over him. " Aria said venomously while rubbing her hand protectively over her bump.

I was looking over her bump when a question was threw at me that caught me off guard.

" You can have them again. Don't worry." Emma said while taking my hand in hers and squeezing it.

What can I have again?

" What?" I asked

Every conversations came to halt. Every eyes looking at me. Am I missing something? Or are they hiding something?

" You didn't know?" Aurora asked with dread written in bold on her face.

" Is there something to be known." I looked at everyone faces. They are trying hard to not make eye contact with me. " What it is?" I stood up and looked over everyone briefly.

Silence

Silence

Silence

" WHAT IS IT !" I yelled.

" You lost your baby. You miscarried."

Baby. Miscarriage. What is happening. I wasn't pregnant. I couldn't be pregnant.

" No-o" My breath became heavier. Mt chest was tightening around. Black dots appeared in my view of light. My mind became foggy as my body gave up.

My name was the last word I heard before my body gave up with a thud.

___________

My bedroom ceiling was the first thing that came into view as my eyes opened. As I looked around the room was empty. Me tucked in the bed with a duvet laid upon.

Memories started filling my consciousness. I lost my baby. A baby I made, inside of me. How did that happen. Why me?

I threw my covers and went in search of answers. The halls were empty but yelling can be heard down the stairs.

The whole family surrounded the living room. My husband shouting at Eden. The moment they saw me with pity filled eyes I could have flooded the room with tears. Chris turned around to see every ones lines of view and met my eyes.

He tried to say something but I cut him to it.

" Why didn't you tell me?" I was shouting inside but my voice was a mere whisper.

He took a deep breathe a looked me in the eyes again.

" You were already going thru so much. I didn't want to overwhelmed you."

" Were you ever- going to tell me?" Tears welled up my eyes but I didn't let them fall. Its not the time. His answers were written in his face. The hesitance, he was never gonna inform me.

" How. I was on pill. It couldn't-" Dizziness filled my head and I clutch the first thing I could. The railing of the stairs.

" You lost a lot of blood. It was still early on the pregnancy. They said it was dead before you came to the hospital."

He came towards me and took my hands in his a tear sliding his own cheek. I jumped in his arms my own tears getting the freedom to roll down my cheeks.

I broke down, and so did he. Kneeling on the ground in each others arms. Crying for the first time. every emotion displayed in the front. We cried for our loss.

We mourned for our dead child.

We mourned for our bad destiny.

We mourned for our bitter past.

We mourned, TOGETHER.