👶 Parents For A Day 👶

Luz and Amity were working on an school assignment is the Owl House. They'd been working on it for a while and it was almost done. They were just about to finish when suddenly Eda came bursting in, gasping. 

"What's wrong?!??!?" Luz exclaimed, jumping up. 

"Oh, nothing," Eda said. "I just needed to get in quick, the boiling rains started outside." 

"Wait, what?" Amity gasped, jumping up. "It wasn't supposed to rain today!"

"Oh, hi kid. You're Luz's....'best friend'....right? Well, looks like you're going to be staying here for the night, it'll be raining for a while." Eda replied. Amity's eyes widened. Eda placed Owlbert down and sat on the couch. "What that?" She asked, pointing at the potion. 

"It's an age potion," Luz answered. "For an assignment for school."

"Ugh. School." Eda scrunched up her face. "You know, kid, you can leave that school whoever you want."

"I know, Eda, but I don't want to. All my friends are there!" Luz answered cheerfully. She then stood up and said, "It's finished, so, I guess I should probably tell you where you're going to sleep tonight, Ami!" 

"O-oh, okay!" Amity said, trying not to gay panic. "First I gotta, um, text Ed and Em that I'm going to be sleeping over because of the rains." 

"Oki!" Luz replied cheerfully. "I'll go tell King, he usually sleeps with me so he might be confused."

"A-alright!" Amity said. She pulled out her phone (idk if it's called something else for witches), and texted Edric and Emira that she would be sleeping over at the Owl Lady's. 

A couple of minutes later Luz had gotten out her "backup sleeping bag" that she'd packed for her camp. She had it lying around for a while, because King preferred to sleep at the end of Luz's bed like a dog or cat. She only used it for sleepovers. She put it on the ground near her's for Amity, and then hurried over to Amity. 

"Did you finish telling them?" Luz asked.

"Yeah," Amity said, and before she could ever finish, Luz cried out, "Yay! Let's gooo!" And grabbed Amity's hand, pulling her over to her room. 

      The sleepover only lasted for about an hour before there was a loud bang of thunder outside. The whole house shook, and King squealed from downstairs. He came darting in to the room and cried out, "Potion...Eda...loud noise...scary...didn't scare me...potion...small....baby....Eda!" While trying to catch his breath.

"Uh-oh," Luz and Amity said together, and jumped up and went running downstairs. There, they saw their potion tipped over, half on the couch and half still in the pot. There where Eda used to be there was a little orange-haired baby. 

Luz gasped. "I know this is an urgent situation, but...BABY EDA IS SO CUTTTTTEEEE!!!!" She ran over and picked little Eda up. Strangely, her clothing had shrunk with her age, which was a bit confusing, but Luz ignored that and hug little Eda. Little Eda squealed in anger, flailing her tiny limbs around. "Awww, you're even cuter when you do that!" Luz said in baby talk. This made little Eda even angrier.

"Luz," Amity said, "What are we going to do? She's going to be a child until 12:00pm tomorrow. It says so in the potion book."

"Okay...so...I guess...until then...we take care of her!" Luz answered. 

"We take care of her?" Amity said, eyes wide. "But...I don't know anything about kids."

"Nor do I,"  Luz answered. "But we can learn as we go. Plus, it won't be for that long. We can be her..temporary parents!"