💕 Crush 💕

Amity was feeling feelings she had never felt before. 

Whenever she saw Luz, she got a warm tingly feeling in her whole body and her stomach felt like it was doing backflips. Her brain seemed to only be focused on Luz, so much that she often had no idea what to say. She always felt a weird happy embarrassed feeling whenever they touched or got close, and everything Luz did seemed to be the most amazing thing in the world. Why was she feeling like this? What was going on? At first she'd thought it was hatred—after all, Luz had ruined her being top student. But after a while she realized it wasn't—she realized she had a crush on Luz. At first she panicked—she couldn't have a crush on Luz! Luz would never like her back, and plus, her parents would never let it happen! And there was a low chance Luz even liked girls, let alone a stupid one like Amity. Then Amity had decided to give it a go at Grom—to ask her out and see if she would say yes. But she'd been too much of a coward and hadn't done it. Sure, they'd danced, but Luz still thought of her as ONLY a friend. 

      Amity sighed from where she was lying on her bed looking up at the ceiling. She loved Luz a lot, but if Luz rejected her, they wouldn't even be able to be friends anymore. And she didn't want to ruin their friendship, because being friends with Luz was better than nothing....right? Amity looked at the picture of her and Luz that they'd taken at Grom together. Luz was so adorable, and smart, and awesome, and funny, and cute, and beautiful, and caring and kind and so many things it made Amity's heart hurt. She sighed and whispered, "what am I gunna do?" 

"Sooo, what are you talking about, Mittens?" A voice said suddenly from behind her. Amity jumped, startled, and dropped the picture. 

"Edric! Emira!" She said, fumbling around with her hands, trying to not show what she'd been thinking about. "Wh-when did you get here?" 

Edric grinned. "We've always been here, little sister. Watching. Waiting." He wiggled his fingers in a way he obviously thought was creepy, and started making ghost noises.

"Edric, cut it out," Emira said, "You look like an idiot." 

Edric made a small offended noise, then spotted the picture of Luz that had fallen on the ground. "Oo, who's this?" He reached for it, and Amity tried to snatch it up before him, but he got there quicker. 

"Edric! Give it back!" Amity cried out, jumping to her feet and trying to grab it away from him.

He moved his hand out of the way, keeping it out of Amity's reach. "Oooo, is this your girlfriend?" He asked.

"No! She's not!" Amity snapped, still trying to get the picture away. "Give. It. Back!" 

Emira grabbed it from Edric and gasped. "You liiiiike her!" She teased, grinning down at Amity.

"No! Y-you're crazy!" Amity stammered, finally managing to snatch it away from her annoying siblings. "I do not!"

"Sure, Amity," Emira said, smirking, and Edric began to sing, "Amity and the human sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S—"

"Go. Away!" Amity yelled, tossing one of her Azura books at Edric. 

"Ow!" He cried as it hit him in the shoulder. "Don't be so violent! We're leaving, we're leaving!" They both ran out of the room, but not before they both called out at the same time, "Have fun kissing a picture of the human!" 

Amity groaned and flopped down on her bed again, the picture of Luz and her tight in her right hand. She didn't know what she was going to do. 

      It was the next day at school. Amity was walking around in the halls, ready to go to her next class, when suddenly she felt someone hug her from behind.