⚡️ Twin Mission ⚡️

(This takes place before Adventures In The Elements.)

Edric and Emira were chilling in their room, pretty bored. Emira was drawing pictures of Viney on her bed, and Edric was flat on his back staring at the roof and whistling softly, thinking about whatever came to his mind. 

Suddenly, out of nowhere, there was a loud slam from a door near the twins' room. They both lifted theirs heads up in surprise.

"Was that Mittens' room?" Emira asked, placing the small notebook she'd been drawing in on the edge of her bed. 

"I think so," Edric replied, sitting up. "I wonder what has her so upset, eh?" 

The twins looked at each other, and Edric opened his mouth to suggest something, but Emira put her finger on her lips and said, "Shhh! Listen!"

Edric listened, confused, and heard it—it was faint music coming from their sister's room, just loud enough that the twins could understand the lyrics.

"Straight hair, straight A's, straight forward, straight path, I don't cut corners—"

Edric and Emira burst out laughing. 

"Is she seriously playing that song??" Edric asked, wiping away a tear.

"Yep—" Emira replied in between her laughs, trying to keep them in but ultimately failing. 

"Why? What happened?" Edric asked. "Shh. Shhh. Let's find out." 

"Alright, alright," Emira said, calming down, and they both scooted to the door, listening carefully.

Amity always played music when she was upset by something, and the music always had something to do with it. Usually the songs were about her being perfect and amazing and having good grades and blah blah blah—this one seemed to be the same, except...

"Emira!" Edric gasped, startling his focusing sister, "I think I know!"

"Really? What?" Emira took her ear off the door. "Because I think I know too." 

"I think she had a crUUUUuuUUush!" Edric grinned and Emira did too.

"Yes! And it's probably someone Mother and Father won't approve of, or they friendzoned her, OR BOTH." Emira agreed eagerly.

"Poor, tragic Mittens." Edric said dramatically, pretending to faint.

"Get up, doofus," Emira said, standing. "We must figure out who it is." 

"Yes!" Edric jumped up. "Operation Find Out Mittens Crush." 

The next morning, Edric and Emira followed Amity secretly to where she was going. Today wasn't a school day, so, the twins knew there was a chance she wouldn't do anything involving her crush. 

Their little sister just wandered through the forest a little, saying the word "lose" under her breath.

The twins wondered if they'd misinterpreted the music—had she lost something? But after a while she came to a house near the woods, with an owl in front of it. Amity stopped and looked around like she'd accidentally come to this place. But she didn't move; she just stood there looking at the door.

Then, the door opened—the owl on the front of the door SPOKE, startling Edric into almost falling out of the bush he and his twin were in, and a human girl walked out. Hey, it was that human girl they'd met at the library! 

Amity jumped behind a tree, hiding, and the human looked around for a moment, then walked out with a furry creature on her shoulder, off to do whatever humans did in the Boiling Isles.

Amity peeked around the tree again and sighed, looking at the direction where Luz had left. 

Edric and Emira looked at each other and grinned—they'd figured out who Amity's crush was! She hadn't been saying "lose", she said LUZ. Edric was so excited on how easy that had been he accidentally fell backwards out of the bush. Amity whipped her head around and saw him.

"ED!!!!!" She screamed, "WERE YOU SPYING ON ME??"

Emira poked her out out of the bush and said, "Time to go!" She grabbed Edric's arm and started running away, dragging him with her.

Amity started shouting threats at them and ran after her two siblings, looking furious. 

Uhh

My motivation dies randomly for long periods of time so sorry about that

Okay thanks for reading, sorry for any mistakes and have an amazing day/night!