🌟 Mom 🌟

Luz was watching Eda sort through the last remaining human things that were left from the portal. A cracked up phone, a bike helmet, three buttons and a pair of sunglasses shaped as hearts.

"So Eda, whatcha gunna do with those?" Luz asked.

"I dunno, kid, they're not worth selling, so, I guess they don't really matter." Eda responded, taking one of the buttons and flipping it around. "Booooring."

"Let me see!" King said, scrambling up onto the table. "Oo! Buttons. One-Eyed Teddy Bear's missing one, perhaps? I must solve this case!" King cried out, jumping off of the table and running away squealing. Ever since Luz had taught King the game "detectives" that's all he ever wanted to play. Other than games involving him ruling over people, or course. 

"Ooo, what's that, hoot hoot?" Hooty said suddenly, looking over at the pile of things. "Is it edible?"

"Hooty, don't eat that," Lilith called from the couch.

"Okay, Lulu!" Hooty said cheerfully, going away.

"Okay then...uh, Eda, can I take these to my friend Gus? I'm supposed to meet up with him and Willow and Amity right now. He's a human appreciator, so I think he'd really like this." Luz said.

"Sure, why not, kid, they're useless to me." Eda responded, pushing them over to Luz.

"Really?" She said, scooping them up.

"Yep," Eda said.

"Okay! Gotta go now," Luz said, carrying them over to the door. She opened it and right before she went out and shut it, she called out, "Thanks, Mom!"

As the door slammed shut there was a silence—then Lilith burst out laughing. "Did she just called you 'mom'?" She wheezed.

"No," Eda lied, "You must of misheard or something."

"Whoa, did Luz just call you mom?" King asked, his head poking out from the hallway. "HA!"

"NO-" Eda began, but Hooty interrupted.

"She totally did, hoot hoot!" He said, nodding.

"Ugh. Fine. She did. But it was probably just a slip up, okay? She probably didn't even realize." Eda said.

"Sure, Eda. We'll see. In the meantime, let's hope your kid doesn't get into her usual trouble." Lilith said, still sounding amused.

"Oh, be quiet," Eda said, rolling her eyes.

Later that day, Luz came back from hanging out with her friends. Everyone was looking at her, but she didn't notice—she just flopped down on the couch and  started writing something down on a piece of paper.

"What are you writing?" King asked, coming up from behind her.

"Uh—NOTHING!" Luz said, crinkling up her paper into a ball and tossing it. "Nothing!"

"Oooo," King said, "Hey, MOM, come over here, Luz is writing something secreeeetttttttt."

"Did you just call Eda Mom?" Luz asked, sounding confused and kind of amused. 

"You're one to talk," King snorted, jumping off the couch and walking away.

"What did he mean by that?" Luz asked.

Eda sighed and said, "You called me 'mom' earlier today."

"I did?" Luz said, sounding shocked and embarrassed. "You serious?"

"Yeah, I'm serious, kid." Eda said.

"Oops! I'm so sorry, Eda!" She said, sounding even more embarrassed.

"Eh, I don't mind," Eda said, sitting down on the couch. "Though your actual mother might be upset."

"Yeah. It's just, I've been kinda distracted lately. I...like this girl, Amity." Luz admitted, scratching the back of her head in embarrassment. "And, I can't stop thinking about her."

"Ooh, I think I know who you're talking about," Eda said. "The Blight girl, she comes around almost every day, has those book clubs with you?"

"Yeah," Luz said, "her. I really like her, and I don't know what to dooooo."

"Well, tell her how you feel. If you don't, someone else will confess to her, and you'll eventually lose her somehow." Eda responded. 

"But what if she doesn't like me back?" Luz whimpered.

"Trust me, kid, she'll like you back. Whenever she's near you she's as red as a tomato, she will 100% say yes." Eda replied, taking her hand and messing up Luz's hair affectionately. 

Luz smiled. "Thanks, Eda. Even if you're not my actual mom, you're just as amazing."

Eda laughed. "And even though you're not my actual kid, you can still talk to me whenever. Well, almost whenever." 

Luz smiled. "Thanks, Eda!" She said, giving her a big hug. Then she ran off to do whatever she did when nobody was around. 

Eda smiled at her, than noticed Lilith and Hooty watching from the window and groaned.

Yeah idk what I'm doing anymore LOL. This was really lazy. But anyways I really hope you enjoyed this! Have a great day/night and sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes! :)