🎁 Birthday 🎁

Requested by: @The18myths

      Amity Blight paced in her room. She was trying to find out the perfect gift for Luz. Something Luz really, really wanted. Since Amity was her girlfriend, it had to be perfect. More than perfect, actually. 

      The reason she was trying to find Luz a gift was because it was her birthday in a couple of weeks—and since Luz was the most important person in the world for Amity, she wanted to get her something that said exactly that. "I love you more than I could ever put into words". She didn't know if that was possible, though. 

      The problem was, she didn't know what. She'd been pacing for hours, but she still had no clue. Amity wracked her brain, until finally, she figured it out. It popped into her head, quick and fast. At first she hesitated—was it a good idea? Finally she decided it was better than nothing. 

A couple of weeks later, on Luz's birthday.

Amity was waiting for Luz. Today was her birthday, and Amity had been planning what she was going to do for weeks. Finally it was ready. Amity hoped Luz would like it. She stroked her hands through her newly dyed hair, the hair that Luz couldn't stop complimenting, and waited for her to come. 

      Suddenly Amity heard footsteps and she turned. It was Luz, cheerfully walking up to her.

"Luz!" Amity said, trying to push down all her worrying, "you're here."

"Yep! I can't wait, Ami." She looked at Amity for a moment then said, "Don't worry, Amity. I'm sure it's going to be great. You gotta stop putting so much pressure on yourself. You have to know by now that anything from you is something great." 

Amity smiled at this. "Thanks, Luz." She then held out her hand and said, "should we go?"

Luz smiled brightly, taking her hand. "Let's go!" She said, letting Amity lead her to her birthday gift.

Luz stopped when she saw it. It was one of the only places in the Boiling Isles that didn't look like a complete horror house. It was a beautiful hill, at the top were two trees with pink-white flowers with a gap in the center. In that gap there was a blanket, with tons of foods on it. Luz seemed shocked to see there were even human foods on it.

"Amity!" She exclaimed, "This is amazing!"

Amity smiled. "You like it?" 

"I love it! And is this why you were suddenly so interested in wondering how to make my favorite human foods?" Luz asked, grinning at her.

"Yeah," Amity said. She and Luz walked over to it. 

"You've been so worried and busy and stressed out about the portal door, and you've hardly got any time to yourself or with others that doesn't involve work." Amity explained as they sat down. "So I decided to make something that will help you with that."

"Thanks so much, Amity," Luz said, smiling brightly. "This is so amazing. But—where did you find all the ingredients for this stuff?? Pizza, cupcakes, hot dogs, and PB&J sandwiches, so much more! You even have some fruit I never even knew existed on the boiling isles!!!! This is incredible, I didn't know half of these things were even possible to be made in the Boiling Isles."

Amity laughed. "I've been working on this for a couple of weeks. It's been a little difficult, but if I'm being honest I'd do anything for you." 

Luz kissed Amity on the cheek. "I'd do anything for you, too, Ami," she said,

      They both sat down and began talking about things—King's cute new obsessions, the prank they'd all played on Eda where they'd told her she was allergic to Appleblood and couldn't drink it anymore (it hadn't ended very well), how one of Gus's illusions had scared one of the emperor's guards so much he'd peed himself. Amity told Luz about how she'd caught Emira and Viney making out in the school closet and how Edric had believed he was going to die because an ant had bitten on him. They talked and ate for a while, until finally it started to get a bit late and they finished. After packing everything up, Amity pulled something out of a small basket with a cloth over it and said, "Luz, I have one more thing to give you." 

"Really?" Luz said, sounding surprised, "what?" 

She handed Luz something that looked like a book. On the cover of it, it said, Luz's Memory Book.

      Luz opened the front cover and started to smile. "It's pictures of me and others!"

"It's a book of pictures that you've taken all around the Boiling Isles. It's got almost everyone you've ever met in it." Amity explained. "You probably shouldn't ask how I got them. It was pretty crazy. And on the front page I got Eda, King, Willow, Gus, me, Viney, Jerbo, and a bunch of others to sign their names and write a message about how they believe in you on it. Because we all do." 

Luz was looking at the first page. Amity couldn't see her mouth, but she saw tears in the corners of her eyes. 

"Luz?" She asked, worried. "Are you okay? Do you not like it?"

Luz looked up and Amity, and she saw that her mouth was shaped into a huge smile. She jumped on Amity, hugging her, and Amity realize they were tears of joy.

"Amity, I love it so much," she cried, "it's the best gift anyone's even given to me!! I'm definitely going to keep this forever and ever." 

Amity was frozen for a moment, then she smiled too and hugged Luz back. "I love you, Luz," she said.

Luz sniffed and hugged Amity tighter.

"I love you too."

Okay! I finished this. I'm sorry if this is disappointing—but hopefully it isn't. I really hoped you enjoyed this, and sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes. I hope you have an amazing day/night!!!!