Chapter 3: The House and The Lady

"Wow. This house looks so... normal."

"And...soft"

Amity, Luz and Eda had found their way to the front door of Octavia Blight. Her house was about the size of the owl house but was surrounded by plants and birds and cats, actual cats.

The trio stood at the door in silence for a moment. No one knowing what to do. Do they knock? Ring the doorbell? Would she even be home? Eventually Amity stepped forward and knocked three times.

There was a rustling in the house and then the front door opened. Amity held her breath. The woman who opened the door was not the one who was on the steps of Hexside a few hours earlier. This woman was a bit shorter with long orange hair with little strands of grey. one of her eyes was blue the other was green and they were both so bright that in the sun they could've blinded the group. She was wiping something on her apron that she was wearing and had a very pleasant round face. Then she spoke like she was reading poetry.

"oh! hello! I don't think we are expecting anyone..." her eyes trailed from the two young girls to the older one in the back. "Eda? Eda Clawthrone? It can't be. Is it really you?"

The woman walked from the front door over to Eda and lightly touched her face. When the lady now believed that the face she was touching was indeed real and not a dream or very good illusion magic, the woman burst into tears and hugged Eda like she had lost her and now she was found.

"oh Eda! it's been so long!" She kept crying and now Eda was crying and hugging her back. Amity and Luz just looked at the two women bewuthered that Eda showed any emotion to a seemingly strange person.

"Why are you here? Does O know you are here? Who are these girls?" The lady asked once she had finally let go of Eda.

"I don't have an answer to any of those questions except the last. This is Luz Noceda and this is Amity Bl..."

"Amity Blight? Is that actually you? Are you actually Amity?'' The lady walked over to Amity and reached for her hands but Amity flinched away and got very stern.

"Yes. I am Amity Blight. I am here for Octavia Blight. I need answers about who she is." Amity said with the authority and power of what reminded Luz, and probably Amity, of Odalia.

"I see. Why don't you all come inside." the smile from the lady vanished, and she walked past the two girls and straight into the house.

The inside of the house was just as full and fascinating as the outside. It was cozy and bright, not at all like Blight Manor or the Owl House. Amity and Luz found a couch to take a seat on and Eda sat on a chair and put her feet up.

"Tea? Coffee? Apple blood?" asked the lady who had still not told the group her name.

"Apple blood for me A! Big cup you know mama likes her apple blood!" Eda shouted from the living room. Amity and Luz said nothing. The lady who had only now been introduced as "A" brought a tray of apple blood into the room and set it down, two small cups, obviously for Amity and Luz, two bigger cups, and one giant cup, obviously for Eda. The pure joy in Edas face at the sight of her cup was like her looking at something shiny. Then more silence. What seemed like an eternity passing of complete silence and just Eda and "A" drinking, the lock on the front door rattled and in came a figure rustling leaves out of her hair and then she looked up and then Amity realized it was her, Octavia Blight, her elusive sister and the person she met hours earlier for the first time.