Chapter 4: Octavia Blight

"You came." Octavia looked shocked while looking at Amity, her little sister, sitting on her couch in her house. "I don't know why but I didn't think you would come, and you brought a friend and...and Eda? you brought Eda?'' She seemed conflicted when she realized that the other person in the room was indeed Eda.

"Hey kid, it's been awhile." Eda got up and walked over to Octavia. Octavia did the same thing "A" did and touched her face as if she couldn't believe she was real, then all at once Eda was trapped into another hug.

After Octavia and eda decided that their hug was over Octavia sat in the chair next to "A" and grabbed one of the other bigger cups of apple blood, and then more silence. Luz eventually looked over at Amity who was just sitting, staring at Octavia and "A" her hands placed on the couch and Luz couldn't help herself but hold the hand of the girl she loved. Amity looked down at their hands on the couch that were touching and instead of pulling away she continued to let it happen. Amity loved Luz and she didn't care who knew, she was no longer letting fear control her. Luz looked at their hands intertwined in a stranger's house and then looked up at Amity and her beautiful face and couldn't help but smile.

All the adults in the room noticed the two girls holding hands and looking at each other with so much love in their eyes that everything seemed so kind and pure and there were no strangers in the room. Then Eda spoke.

"Luz, I think A would like our help in the back. I know they have some pretty cool plants and maybe A could teach you a potion."

"Oh of course! i have the most amazing plants for potions in the back i would love to show you Luz!" A said. Then suddenly Luz, Eda and A got up and left Amity and Octavia alone six feet away from each other.

"Amity..." Octavia started but was quickly cut off by the very confused and upset Amity.

"I do not know you. I know you are my sister but I can't believe it. I have so many questions and everytime I think about you and things to ask you I only think of the same question." Amity blurted out faster than Octavia could ever think was possible.

"You can ask as many or as little questions that you want. I will be open and honest about everything I promise. You are what? 16? You deserve to know the truth." Octavia put her cup back down on the table and settled back into her chair preparing herself for the millions of questions that she was certain Amity had.

"Why did you leave?" Amity asked after a long silence. Ocatavia looked up at her littlest sister and started to tear up. She didn't have a good answer to that question, but she tried.

"I..I left because I didn't want to be a Blight. I mean I understand that none of us asked to be a Blight but I was never strong enough in abominations or oracles to make mom and dad proud of me. I was supposed to be the prodigy of the Blight family. I was the first born, the oldest, the first to go to Hexside, but then I chose healing and was really good at it and then I started getting bored and started trying to also learn potions, and well you can assume how well that went." Octavia never looked up from the ground the entire time she answered that question. She didn't want to see the disappointment or really any look on Amity's face. "I don't know if that answers your question or not."

"What's her name?" Amity finally asked after what seemed like hours of silence.

"Whose name?"

"Her name. The other lady that lives here. What's her name? How do you know each other?"

"Oh that's Autumn. Autumn Whitlock. I have known her since we were kids at Hexside. We work at a clinic together. She is a potions master and she has helped a lot with most of the sick I help. She's amazing and she helped Eda even with her curse." and just as the small introduction of Autumn ended, Eda, Luz and Autumn came back into the room where they had been sitting like gargoyles overlooking a building.

"Wow Autumn you really helped Eda with her curse? Did you two get close to a cure or anything?" This was obviously a conversation that had started outside and had trailed it way inside back to the two Blight's. It seemed as if the outside group had been eavesdropping and knew just when to come back inside.

The small trio came and sat back down in their respective chairs, Eda put her feet back up and Autumn began drinking her drink again. The room felt heavy, like there was a strong fog over the group. Finally a voice spoke, it was Luz asking Autumn if she could help get something ready to eat. As the two of them began to get up, Luz stood up and leaned over and kissed Amity on the cheek and then walked to the kitchen with Autumn. The silence turned from somber to a buzz of excitement as the Blights and Eda watched Luz and Autumn go to the kitchen. Little did Amity know, but the woman sitting across from her shared more than just a last name.