~Hospital & Going Home~

~Jamie's POV~

I was laying in a bright white room, and I tried to open my eyes but it was so white that it was almost blinding. When my eyes finally adjusted to the light I realized that I was in a hospital bed. I looked to my side and saw Randy passed out in a chair beside my bed while Luke and James laid passed out on the couch. I smiled at them before trying to sit up but wincing from the pain. I saw Randy move, and when he saw that I was awake he nearly fell out of his seat and I laughed but it hurt so bad.

"Oh, please don't make me laugh, it hurts."

I saw tears come to his eyes as he sat on the bed holding my hand.

"I'm sorry, I'm just so glad that you're okay, they said that if you didn't wake up by tomorrow that you were gone, I don't know what I would've done if I lost you."

"Hey, I'm not going anywhere."

He smiled, placing a kiss on my lips before pulling away.

"I love you, I love you so much."

"I love you too, but can you do me a favor and call the doctor or someone, please?"

"Are you alright?"

"I wanna say yes, but I'm having a hard time breathing."

He nodded his head hitting the button on the bed and the next thing I knew both a nurse and a doctor were at my side. They gave me a small smile as the Doctor looked at me and the nurse looked at my charts.

"How are you feeling Ms. Thompson?"

I tried to take a breath but winced and finally gained the courage to speak.

"I'm in pain, and having a hard time breathing, is that normal, will it ever be easy to breath again?"

"Alright, well, we can get you medication for the pain, as for you having a hard time breathing, for your injury it is extremely normal. You suffered an impaled diaphragm, your diaphragm is what helps your lungs inflate with air so you can breathe. Until it's fully healed you will have a difficult time breathing. However, once it's completely healed, your breathing will return to normal and it'll feel like this accident never happened, aside from the scar, you'll be just fine."

Randy smiled, kissing my forehead, I looked at the doctor.

"How long do you think it'll take for me to be fully healed?"

"I estimate three, maybe four months."

I let out a small sigh.

"What do I have to do?"

"Well over the next three or so month's you'll come in three times a week for some breathing therapy. The first few weeks, maybe even the first month or so will be difficult and they'll be painful, but you need to work through."

I nodded my head and looked at Randy before looking at the boys seeing them wake up with a smile on their faces. They came over giving me a hug before sitting down listening to the rest of what the doctor has to say. I looked at the doctor before I asked the questions I've wanted to ask since I woke up.

"When can I go home?"

The doctor smiled a kind smile.

"We're gonna keep you tonight, but you can go home tomorrow, and your first few therapy sessions will be next week."

"Alright, thank you."

She nodded her head before looking at the boys.

"Alright, now boys, I told you before I don't mind if you all stay here, but she needs her rest, please don't keep her up all night."